Chapter 24

Roses Pov

"Mummy I'm hungry", Jackson complained as we all entered the court room 20 minutes late. "Mummy I'm hungry can we go home?"

"Not now Jackson", Jack shot back at him as we lead the children to our seats. I then lead Lilly to sit down while Jackson stood still, "Jackson", Jack stared at him, "Jackson don't create a scene", he took his hand before picking him up taking him to our seats. Jackson kicked and squirmed but Jack held his hand over his mouth trying not to make a sound get out.

"Jackson Jackson hey hey. Remember our deal we made?", I bent over to him. He then stopped, "you remember what me and daddy promised you?", he then nodded all red faced with his hand in his mouth.

"Yes mummy", he responded still upset.

"Yes now you come and be a good boy", I picked him off Jack, "for mummy and daddy and you be nice and quiet and sit still like Lilly", I made him next to me, "here", I pulled out a handchief for him and wiped his face, "much better", I cleaned his face of snot an boggers. He then put a slight smile on his face while Jack just watched me parenting our children. He then jerked turning round giving full attention to the court, "here", I gave him a little notebook and pen for him to draw. Lily also got one but she decided to play with her doll first.

The next half an hour past and all you could hear was this massive grumbling noise that belonged in the woods. The baby kicked and tossed about making my position worse. And Jackson and Lilly got bored of their activities and grew tired and hungry cradling their little stomachs. Their heads hanged low and they tried not to lean on me and Jack. Jack remained unchanged and sat there interested in the court. I guess his body is still used to not having food for a few days. Plus he had been doing that for years before he met me. Then the biggest tummy growl of the century hit. It echoed like a bomb and that sent waves going for miles and miles. And that wasn't me. It was the baby.

"Was that?"

"Oh can you just get some food Jack!", I snapped holding my stomach trying to push through the agony the child is causing me. He just rolled his eyes and silently snuck out to get us all breakfast.

***

He then came back with a bag of muffins, sandwiches and some juice that we can share. The hot chocolate muffins lifted the air as well as me and the twins energy levels.

"Your sandwich milady. And there's two muffins for you and the baby in there. I know what you were like with the twins so I based it off that", he smiled behind me.

"Thank you", I leaned back and kissed him. He then moved over to the twins  and handed a brown bag that made my cravings go wild.

"There's a Chic chip muffin in there but you have to share", he gave them the bag that I then took off them. "And this", he pulled out a small tub of ice cream.

"YAYYYYY. ICE CREAM!", Jackson jumped and yelled for joy in his seat.

"Shhhhhhh", we laughed trying to quiet them down, "only since you've been a good boy now", Jack then handed it to him and jumped back to his seat.

"Here", I said breaking the twins choc chip muffin into two before the bag. "Here. Eat it over the paper", I told them. While Jack started to tuck into his sandwich. Jackson then started to eat a chunk of his muffin before he tried to open his ice cream.

"Here", Jack leaned over and took the small tub before opening it.

"Stop it Jackson", Lilly whinged trying to dodge his elbow as he tried to scoop up the ice cream.