Chapter 32

Jacks Pov

*5 days later*
Monday

"Let's go daddy", Lilly skipped out of her room taking my hand. She gave Rose a quick kiss and wished Jackson the best of luck as he sat in the bed reading to Rose. She waved and exited happily skipping down the street, hopping, and playing the line game.

"Daddy what will happen with me today? What do I have to say?", she asked as we both walked in sync.

"Well, you simply just have to answer the questions they give you truthfully and the best you can", I told her.

"What happens if I don't do that?", she pressed on.

"Argh. Well, we won't need to worry about that. I know you'll do fantastic. You'll make me and mummy very proud of you", we came to the court house steps that Lilly looked up like it was haunted, "come on", I took her under my wing as she climbed the stairs one by one.

We walked in as she gracefully lead me to our seats. Ruth and Cal glared at me and Lilly. Oh they're going down. I thought. They're going so down. I turned to Lilly who sat quietly and silently as my weapon of their undoing.

I can tell she is nervous. She goes all quiet and doesn't move. You can also tell by the look in her eyes that zones out on something else. And that's exactly what she is doing now.

"Hey", I leaned down a bit, "Lilly you don't need to worry. You're gonna do fine. You're gonna do a great job", I told her the truth cause I know she needs it as her poor four year old brain is trying to imagine her questions and answers, "Just talk about what you saw that night when mummy was taken. That's it. That's all you have to do. You'll be amazing Lilly. And I'll be here right beside you ok", I gave her words of encouragement squeezing her hand bringing out her gorgeous smile.

"Ok", she said smiling before giving me a fat dad hug and a quick kiss on the cheek. Turning round and sitting comfortably in my arms.

"Lillian Dawson", the judge called her name as she turned round bitting her lip at me.

"Come on", I stood up taking her hand as she nervously slowed her body down trying to grasp what is going on. But the longer we walked the more confident she got finally letting go of my hand and walking independently by herself, "break a leg my Lillypad", I called her by her nickname I gave her. I kissed on her forehead for good luck and she walked up to the box and took a seat.

"Lillian?", Cals lawyer Roger asked, "that is your full name correct?", he asked getting his papers sorted as Lilly just nodded, "well what do your parents and friends call you?"

"Lilly", she leaned a bit over to the microphone.

"Well am I allowed to call you Lilly?", well at least someone has polite manners around here, unlike his client. Lilly slowly nodded looking at him wide eyed and stupidly because he knew the answer to that question,"Now Lilly", he finished putting his papers in order, "your brother Jackson was in here a couple of days ago and told us a story about when you went to your mothers movie premiere. Can you tell us your story of what happened? Did you see those people?", he circled Cal, Ruth, and Lovejoy with his finger for her to see. She nodded.

"Yeah. They took mummy away. He-", she pointed to Cal, "followed us and blocked us. Mummy and daddy then hid me and Jackson in a corner while he was speaking to them"

"And do you remember what he said to them?", he asked her. Come on Lil. I know you can do this.

"Yes!", she lit up all cheery, "he said, 'your little family game is now over. Getting rich, popular and children' he then said something about the war, and wanting mummy to go with him", good on you Lil! Cal and Ruths faces are priceless. Especially their eyes looking at me and glaring at Lilly who didn't look out to the crowd incase she got stage fright.