Chapter 11

Roses pov

*2 days later*

I got up early and helped all the servants in the house get all the stuff loaded off the trucks that came in from out the back. We then started to style the flowers and plan where everything was going to go.

"Rose what is going on?", my mother came down stairs to see the red carpet rolled out and most of the room cleared.

"Oh haven't you heard? their is going to be a party here tonight. Now Laura I think these should go over there don't you think?", I went back to planning, my mother then walked up the steps again and slammed a door like a child.

Cals pov

I woke up from my door slamming then stormed in Ruth.

"Did you allow Rose to throw a party here tonight?", she fired at me. I just had woken up. Why is she yelling at me like a child. She should be doing that to Rose not me. I'm not related to her at all. Well not yet.

"Wh...wh..what?", I stuttered getting to my feet.

"So you never planned with Rose that people were coming over tonight and that everything is getting rearranged downstairs?", urgh shut up. I just woke up woman!

"Wh..wh.. what?"

"Go see for yourself Calendon", I then went out in my pyjamas and saw that everything had been cleared and that varses of roses were all on the dinning room table. I then go into the ball room only to see two marble statues out of five that should be there!

"Servant where will I find Rose DiWitt-Bunkater?", I pulled one of many of them aside.

"Sorry sir. I don't know who you are talking about", was his response. He then continued on with his task. I entered the kitchen to see them all working away. I then poked my head out through the back door to see boxes and cretes coming inside. And large tracks from trucks that made their delivery.

"What in gods name? ROSE?! ROSE!", I called out to her. She was surround by  four people. They then went off and did her bidding. Then another two gentlemen came up to her as she signed away on their contracts.

"Oh Cal!", she said surprised as she continued to sign the papers, " I'm glad you're up. It means you can help!", she then started to walk into the kitchen and started to help before making her way outside and organising the boxes outside the door, "here take these", she handed two of them to me, "dump them in the opening of the door to the ballroom please", I then reluctantly did her bidding. When I put the boxes down Ruth glared at me down from the staircase. I've had enough Roses games now.

"ROSE!", I stormed up to her, "I've had enough of your games! When were you telling me we were going to have a party and host it here huh? When were you going to tell me the details and plans that I would agree to? Or did they just slip your mind? Tell me Rose. Who did you exactly invite to this party? When is being held?-"

"Tonight. And everyone from New York will be coming"

"Tonight? The party you haven't told any of us about is tonight?! When were you planning on telling anyone this?!", I started to raise my voice at her like I was talking to a young deceiving child.

"Well I'm guess I'm telling you now aren't I", she replied sassily back to me. I chuckled at her response.

"Oh you're very good Rose. Four years away from me and you have learnt to speak like that. You speak up for yourself. It just makes me wonder what Jack ever did to you?", I snarled at her. As she just stood quietly trying to compose herself, "oh thats right. Now I remember. You two managed to run off below decks and he managed to get yourself knocked up and pregnant with your two children. Then when you two arrived in New York you casually met my ex fiancé, Mary and her husband Joseph. You then become best friends with them, they then give Jack a job, and then you two got married. He becomes rich and famous and then a year or two later you do the same thing and now you're a successful moving picture actress. Did I get your whole story Rose? Or is there something still missing", I pinned her up against a wall. She just kept remaining eye contact with me. She's a tough nut to crack now.

"No. You just summed up the four best years of my life Cal. And I'm even surprised that you know so much about me", then everyone in the kitchen started to laugh, "but I can't cancel this party if that is what you are suggesting. It starts in a couple of hours", why is she so difficult to handle now. She is now all grown up. So much now that she always has the last say in things. So I backed away from her letting the preparations continue. I should enjoy this free party that she is throwing. I know she will make it a big hit. And I can't wait to see what she has thrown together.