Chapter 33

***Jason's POV

It's the middle of the night. I'm sitting on the edge of my bed with my speaker softly playing music.

I can't sleep.

The last time I was able to sleep was when I was stupid drunk and May and Serena held me.

I still can't believe she doesn't remember. It's still fresh in my mind.

The way she put her head on my shoulder and snuggled against me to stay warm. Her soft lips pressed against the side of my cheek.

I miss that level of comfort.

"I'm so needy," I say, shaking my head. I stare out the window, as the moon shines dominantly in the sky in its lonesome.

I should go check up on my Pokemon.

I get up, and walk out the door, the music still playing.

...

I walk down the set of stairs into the basement. I walk over and open the door, leading me into an open room. There, I see a Pikachu suddenly awaken from a corner, and dash out, heading upstairs.

That must be Ash's Pikachu.

I walk over in the back, where there are trays of different Pokeballs. I see my name in black letters, and underneath a tray with six Pokeballs. Next to it, is a single Pokeball. The Pokeball I dragged Ash and Dawn through an entire faculty to find. I walk over and look at my team. Umberon, Pichu, Grovyle, Charizard, Phanpy and Buizel. I slowly clip them back on my belt.

"Whatcha up to?"

I turn around and I see Sarah standing at the doorway, her hands on her hips. She's barefoot, and wearing the gown from before.

"I'm just checking on my team. I see you took your Gastrodon back," I say, watching her walk over next to me, grabbing her own Pokeballs.

"Yeah, I missed her. But if you want, you can have Lucario back since I took Gastrodon," Sarah says, offering his pokeball.

"No, it's ok. The reason I gave you Lucario is because he was so attached to you when he was a Riolu, so it only made sense. So do spare him heartbreak and keep him," I say, as Sarah slowly takes her Pokemon back.

"Speaking of heartbreak, you never gave me an explanation," Sarah says, walking towards me. I quickly grab the extra pokeball and take a step back. My heart starts beating faster.

"What do you mean? I already did."

"Why did you walk out on me in front of all those people? You didn't have to embarass me like that," she says, pushing me farther and farther back.

"Well, I, uh, see," I say, as I feel my back hit the wall. She doesn't stop until our chests are pressed against each other, and she looks up at me. Our lips are nearly touching. My heart is beating crazier than a Mankey on a rampage.

"Tell me Jason. Why?"

I sigh.

"Because I'm stupid."

Sarah is caught back by the words.

"You know what I've done. To both you and Drew. Look where Drew is now because of me. And look how much pain I've caused you. Your eyes are still swollen from crying. You deserve better, so when you confessed everything, I panicked, but I knew I had to keep you away to keep you safe from me," I say, as I try to gently push Sarah away from me, but she doesn't budge.

"I forgive you. For the incident with Drew, and that incident during breakfast. Yes you made mistakes, and hurt me, but grow up Jason. You fucked up big time! So what? Move on. Don't live in the past, otherwise it can ruin things for the future just like it almost ruined us," Sarah says, wrapping her arms behind my neck.