17

Chapter Seventeen

Onika's POV

I was with my drug partner Jodi counting up all of the money we made within the week.

I wanna save to actually invest in something so that I can get out of this illegal business.

Truth is, I don't think I will ever be able to quit. The money I receive is too addictive.

"Here, this your portion Nic," Jodi handed me $5,000 dollars.

I snatched it from him. "Give me my shit," I said jokingly.

Jodi is the one who introduced me to the game. We usually only hang out when it's related with work. He's about five years older than me.

I bit my lip while holding the big guap of money in my hand. Jodi chuckled at my reaction.

"So when your ass gone get in the studio?" He asked me.

I shrugged shyly. I told you I'm sensitive when it comes to the music.

"I don't know...  I haven't been focused on music lately," I said honestly.

He huffed. "And why is that?"

"Hm, that's for me to only know."

I received a phone call from Ced and wondered what he could want. It's was midnight and none of the guys ever call me at this time unless they want to buy from me. 

"What's good?" I answered.

"Yo Nic, come get your girl."

I was going to stop him dead in his tracks for calling someone my girl until I realized he was most likely talking about Beyoncé.

"What?" I asked for clarification.

"She's at the after-spot. It's way too dangerous over here for her and she ain't looking too good."

I became so frustrated and anxious. The after-spot is just a name that everyone calls our local corner store.

Bey knows to not come anywhere around  there. It's unsafe and especially at night.

The only reason why I come to that hangout spot is because no one will ever lay a hand on me.

She knows not to go over there.

I sighed. "Ced, that's not my girl and it's not my problem."

Deep down inside, I was extremely worried but I'm still hurt. Only thinking about her sleeping with my ex-friend makes me want to scream.

"Nic but -"

"If you want to get her out of there so bad then take her home!" I yelled before hanging up.

I pushed my hair back and rested both elbows on my knees while palming my face.

I absolutely hated this feeling.

"Nic, go get her," Jodi demanded.

"No."

"What if somethin' happens to her? You gon regret that shit for the rest of your life."

"I always come to her rescue and what I get in return? Her sleeping with my closest friend."

"Hmm," he thought. "Is that so?"

"And she keeps making bigger problems for herself."

Jodi sarcastically chuckled while shaking his head.

"So we just gon' forget the fact you fucked the chick that's been bullying her since she moved here?"

"I was fooling around with Krystal before she moved here."