24

Chapter 24

Onika's POV

9:00pm

🎶May the lord protect me, as the world gets hectic
My voice projected, my life reflected
Daddy was a crack fiend, two in the morning, had us running down the block like a track team
When you burnt the house down and my mother was in it, how could I forget it? The pain is infinite-

*Buzz*

Jodi stopped the track and asked me to come out of the studio booth.

I took off my headphones and looked at him with confusion. I was way into my zone before he interrupted me so it pissed off.

"Yo, what the fuck?" I hissed.

"Someone keep calling you Nic. They said it's urgent," he said.

I squinted my eyes. "Is it Bey?"

"No."

I rolled my eyes and put back on my headphones.

"Then it's not urgent. Now play that shit back."

"She said her name Kelly."

Jodi faced the phone screen towards me and it was her calling once again.

I grunted loudly while walking out of the studio. I snatched the phone out of his hand and he shook his head.

"What the hell is up your ass tonight?" He chuckled while playfully pushing me.

I mean mugged him. "Jodi shutup."

I figured Kelly was calling me about the argument Bey and I had earlier. Whenever we get into it, Kelly is the person she runs to. That is her best friend but I  would like some things to stay private.

"What," I answered.

"Uh uhn. That is not how you answer the phone to me," Kelly said angrily.

"If this is about -"

"No, I will beat your ass Nic. Don't play with me or my sister," she threatened.

I took a hit of my blunt in order to calm down my nerves. I like Kelly but her calling me right now with nonsense was the wrong time.

"Bey must haven't told you the whole story because I didn't do shit. All I told her was that I wasn't coming home tonight."

"First of all Bey hasn't really told me anything which is the problem and where are you? With another bitch?"

I smacked my lips. "No. I'm at the studio," I answered honestly. "She should know I ain't out here doing nothing dirty like that."

As long as I am with Bey, she doesn't have to worry about me cheating again. I'm not attracted to anyone but her.

"Yea, whatever," she responded with an attitude. "She called me saying she loved me. miss me and was all in her feelings but wouldn't tell me what was wrong with her."

I sighed while scratching my head. "Some things went down today but I'm going to leave that up to her to tell you."

"You're not listening to me. She was talking to me like she was about to do something crazy and like I was never going to see her again. You know how much she been through. I'm scared for her and you don't even know where she's at!"

I'm not going to lie. My heart most likely skipped a beat. I'm always saying the wrong things or making the wrong choices without thinking of the consequences.