18

18

Beyonce's POV

It was our passing period and I met up with everyone at Ciara's locker. They were going over their usual plans for tonight.

I hated being with them. I know I need friends but I figured I rather be alone. I don't know how to easily stray away from them. I only put myself in more bad situations by hanging out with these girls. I'm tired of being someone I'm not.

"Bey, did you do the math homework?" Ciara asked.

I already knew she was wanting to copy it, so I pulled my homework sheet out anyway.

"Uhh, yea." I gave it to her.

"Look, it's the church girl," Natalie cackled.

Her name was Michelle. Her dad is a pastor at the local church, which is where they got the name from. I don't know much about her but she's pretty quiet and doesn't bother anyone.

Meagan reached her foot out, making Michelle fall flat on the ground.

They all started to laugh of course.

I looked at them in disgust. "Seriously? What are we in grammar school or something?"

"Ew, you're no fun," Meagan commented while I helped Michelle off of the floor.

They walked away and I stood there waiting to see if the girl was okay.

She wiped the dust off of her pants and politely took her books from me.

"Thank you. They have been bullying me since freshman year," she said being irritable.

"Beyonce." We shook hands.

"Michelle. I know who you are. You're the new girl."

I chuckled. I've been here about four months now. "Somewhat."

She looked over at the three girls walking away. "Why do you hang out with them?"

I shrugged. "I thought they were cool at first I guess."

"Now I bet you see their true colors."

Before I could respond to Michelle, Onika came out of the blue.

I haven't talked to her since she took me home that one night which was three days ago.

As much as I wanted to text or call her,
I was still salty from the night she told me I shouldn't come over.

She gently grabbed my wrist and apologized to Michelle for interrupting.

We went into a corner where no one could see us. I was curious to what she was about to say or do.

"Hey," she said. It seemed like she was out of breath.

I pushed my curled hair behind my ear. "Hey."

Onika always gives me that devious look whenever I look really pretty. She can't ever help her facial expressions.

I wore a white body suit with blue fitted jeans. It was simple but yet still cute which is what Onika likes.

I decided to fix myself up this morning since I've been looking rough recently.

She snapped out of her thoughts. "I need a favor."

I nodded. "Okay."

She looked over at her surroundings before giving me bags of drugs.

I sighed. "Onika what did I tell you about selling in school?"