22

Chapter 22

Onika's POV

"The only thing I told you was to throw a few hits at him, not beat his ass to death," I said to Jodi over the phone.

I come to find out that Jodi and his people took it overboard when it came to getting revenge on Brian. In the circumstance that I am in, I can't have the Feds coming to my doorstep.

"Yo Nic don't worry about it. All that matter, is he alive."

"Bey don't even have a clue to what's going on. Ohmygawd Jodi, I swear -"

"What you told me he did with her was messed up. If this was in your hands, you probably would've killed the kid."

I huffed. "Yea, whatever. Just be careful J. The last thing we need is some mofuckas' showing up at our doorstep. I'll be on my way whenever Bey go to sleep."

After hanging up the phone, I went back to watching the new episode of Power.

I'm so hook on this show, that I hate it. I'm not even a TV watcher but Power have me glued to the television every time.

Bey came out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around her. She was in there for a good three hours. I swear she take the longest showers.

"Who was that?" She asked while drying off her wet hair.

"Nobody, just Jodi," I answered.

"Oh," she said. "Was it business related?"

"Uh, yea."

Bey hung up her washing towel and put her hair into a messy bun.

I couldn't help but watch her naked body as she came into the bed with me. I would have thought I'd be over her beauty by now.

"Can I be honest with you?" She asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows and scooted my way closer towards her, getting  a nice whiff of her scent.

"That's all I ever want you to be with me."

"I don't like you selling drugs or any of whatever you do," she confessed. "It scares me."

"Hold on you know how I feel about my-"

"Just listen. Every time you're with Jodi, I get paranoid. I like Jodi, but those boys are dangerous and I don't want you to get caught up . I can't lose you wether it's in the streets or behind prison bars. Why would you want to end up in the same place as your mom? You hear what she's going through."

"I'm not going anywhere Bey," I tried convincing her. I deeply sighed while plopping down on my back. I put my arms behind my head and glanced up at the ceiling.

I hate when she try to make me quit with my work. I know she mean well but she doesn't get it.

"... You don't know that."

I sighed. "I'm going to stop eventually but I can't promise it's going to be soon."

"If not soon, then what?"

"Can we not talk about this tonight? It's a lot."

"I don't want anything to happen to you."

Typical Beyonce. She will forever attempt to have the last word.

"Bey.."

She grabbed my hand and caressed it with her thumb. "Okay, fine," she gave in.

"C'mon, let's go to sleep," I said.