20.2

Chapter 20.2

Onika's POV

Beyonce and I sat in my bathroom as she cried into my arms. It wasn't just any cry which is what had me on the edge. Words wasn't able to form out of her mouth in order to tell me the problem.

I wondered if I said something wrong. All I wanted was her to be my official girlfriend.

I kept wiping her tears as they fell from her face. The front of her hair was becoming damp so I pushed it behind her ear.

"Shh, it's going to be okay babe." I comforted her. "Anything you need..."

"I want my mom," she cried out.

I felt my heart sank right into my stomach. Knowing I couldn't give her what she wanted was heart shattering. Bey tightened her grip on my arm and buried her face into my chest.

"I-I can do anything but that babe," I frowned.

"Why," she whimpered. "I didn't do anything to anyone."

Beyonce's friend, Kelly, warned me about her having mental breakdowns but she never had one until now. She told me if it ever happens to just comfort her as long as she needs me to. I followed her instructions but it is also impossible for me to sit here and watch her cry like this.

"Poohka, listen to me," I whispered before kissing the top of her head. "When I loss my father and my mother got locked up, I felt the same way... like my world was crashing down on me. I kept asking myself why me? But whatever be it, I have become so much stronger and learned so much and I ain't gonna let someone take the little bit of happiness I do have."

Her sobs started coming to a calm as I spoke to her.

"I'm not as strong as you Nika. I was sheltered my whole life and so oblivious to everything. Then all of a sudden, my life takes a terrible turn," she said through her sniffles. "It's not fair."

I lifted her chin. "With everything you've been through, some people wouldn't even be able to take half of the bullshit. You're stronger than ever babe."

"What made you help me that day in the store?" she asked.

I actually had to think about her question. To be honest, I didn't know why I helped her out that night.

"I know you and I know you're just not going around helping out strangers who are in the middle of getting jumped," she added. "And you walked me home too. That was so nice of you."

I gazed at her while running my finger on her soft, wet skin. I can't believe myself for falling in love but its the most content I ever been.

"I don't know Bey.. something just told me to."

She nodded. "Maybe my mom sent you to watch over me."

I smiled. "Yea, maybe."

"I love you so much." She lifted up and kissed my lips.

I placed my hand on her face while pulling closer until our lips locked.

As much as I wanted our kiss to last longer, I needed to tell her I loved her back.

"And I love you," I said softly.

"I made a big mistake ...." she hesitated to confess.

I put another peck to her lips. "Okay, we will fix it."

Bey sighed deeply while grabbing her phone from off the sink. She went into her inbox and placed it in my hand.

I was finally going to know what was going on with her.