31

Chapter 31
**
Onika's POV

"Look at me," Jodi said sternly.

I knew he was going to be mad with me. I was one of his best dealers and somehow, I got caught.

My hands were cuffed while sitting across from him. Somebody should name me fool of the year. I never been this low in my life besides the time my mom stabbed my father 20 times.

"You want the bad news or the bad news first?"

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders. I don't know ... fuck."

I was sick of hearing bad news. That's all I was hearing these past few weeks.

"Lil Wayne heard your music ... and he wanted to meet with you."

"What?  Lil- lil Wayne?" My mouth dropped opened. I took deep breaths in and out. This couldn't get any worse. Lil Wayne wanted to see me, right when I end up in a hole. He sure as hell wasn't going to see me now.

"I don't know how this happened. You gotta believe me."

"You should know exactly how this happened," he sucked his teeth. "You fell in love."

Jodi always said "Rule number one, you can never love someone more than you love your work and money." I didn't plan on loving Bey as much as I do. It just happened. Unlike any other girl, she knew my weakness. She was my weakness. However, I was clueless about how me getting locked up had anything to do with her. She was the person who told me to stop and I did not listen.

"I had to find out that it was one of your old buddies, TJ that went to the fucking feds."

"Shit."

I sat back in the hard, steel chair while my skin instantly started to boil. That motherfucker. I should have known. He was the only person outside of our team that knew most about my clients and where I hid my stash. I trusted him and all because of 6 seconds of getting into Bey's pants, he lost it.

"But it's coo, you know what's next," he said, making sure that his message was somewhat subliminal.

"No... hell no J," I whispered. "That's the father of her child."

He chuckled. "I don't give a fuck. You must really love this girl huh? You sound crazy Nic. Look where the fuck you at."

"Please. Don't do it," I begged of him. As much as I would love to see his ass 20" feet under, it would be mad wrong.

Even though I haven't seen her in person yet, I love Nadia and one day she will probably want to know who her real father is.

"It already happened. Just give me a good ass lawyer  J so I can get the hell up out of here."

Bey POV

Any minute now, I felt like I was going to have this baby. I could barely walk and my breathing was getting shorter by the minute but it wasn't going to stop me from visiting my girlfriend. She needed me as much as I needed her.

I sat in the waiting area until she finally arrived. She gave me a smile but I knew under that smile was a defeated Onika. I noticed it in her face. It was bags under her eyes so she haven't gotten any sleep and her posture was stiff.

"Hey," she said softly and touching my hand. I tighten my grip but quickly released so we wouldn't get in trouble.

"Hi."