25

Chapter 25

Beyoncé's POV

3 days later ...

"Babe," Onika asked sounding concerned while knocking on the bathroom's door. "You ready?"

"Uh yeah... almost."

Today was my doctors appointment and I was super jittery. Something did not feel right but I know I'm not emotionally stable to take care or carry this child.

"And why do you have the door locked?"

I huffed and rolled my eyes.

Onika has been keeping a strict eye on me ever since I was caught trying to buy drugs. I also noticed she put away everything that was potentially dangerous or sharp and even the knives in the kitchen. She replaced them with plastic.

As if I would go to that extreme and do something in her apartment. It's ridiculous.

The only time I'm not in her site is when I'm in class. And if she is working, she calls and check up on me every thirty minutes. I know she doesn't mean any harm and care about me so I try not to get mad about it.

I still have those terrible thoughts in my mind at times but I feel kinda better than I did ever since Onika talked to me.

I feel at ease whenever she gives me those pep talks of hers. I'm thankful for her.

I opened the door to see a puzzled Onika standing there with her arms folded.

"I was using the bathroom," I answered her.

"As if I don't see your body parts everyday. Why you gotta close and lock the door?" She argued.

I knew she was tripping. I thought almost everyone closes the door whenever they have to use the bathroom.

I pushed out some soap from the dispenser and began washing my hands. Onika grabbed her makeup bag from one of the cabinets to apply her eyeliner.

I went into the drawer to get a shaver but there wasn't one. We had an entire pack of them the last time I checked.

"Nika, umm where are the razors?" I asked her. "There was a whole pack of them like three days ago."

"Why do you need a razor?"

"Wow, maybe because I need to shave. What can I possibly do to myself with a razor?" I responded becoming irritated.  "You want to rub on hairy legs and eat hairy vagina then be my guest."

She shrugged and smirked. "I'm grown. I don't care about some hair."

"Not funny and stop questioning everything that I freaking do," I said while slamming the shaving cream down on the sink. She looked at my action and slowly blinked.

Onika laughed lowly.

This pregnancy was taking a toll on me. I would get mad at the smallest things. She ignores it half of the time.

"Listen here, last time I checked, I'm the one that run shit so daddy can question whatever daddy wants to."

"And why you gotta attitude with me? Stop playing with me," she threatened.

I watched her finish getting ready as she played around with her hair. I mean mugged her although a smile was tempting to appear. I hate that she's so cute.

She took a break from the mirror and gave me a peck on my lips. "I love you though."

I rolled my eyes and pouted.

She grabbed my cheeks and squished them, "Say it back."

I tried keeping a straight face. "No."

"Fine."