16

Chapter Sixteen

I was at lunch sitting with a couple of new friends I made over the past few weeks - Ciara, Meagan, and Natalie.

These are the exact girls Onika didn't want me to be around. She said they were conniving and up to no good. Knowing Onika, she was probably exaggerating and just being unnecessarily over protective.

"Beyonce you know what you wearing tonight?" Meagan asked.

It is this big house party tonight and I'm pretty excited. I like going out because I never want to be home.

I took a bite from my sandwich and nodded. "I think I'ma wear a bralette and a midi skirt with my thigh highs."

"Bitch, you tryna get chose tonight," Meagan assumed and we all laughed.

"Let's just hope it's some people that I'm attracted to," I said raising my brows.

In the midst of our conversation, TJ came up to our table. I instantly became annoyed.

He bothers me almost everyday. I liked him better before we had sex or whatever that was called.

I rolled my eyes before he soon approached me.

"Hey Bey."

"Hey," I spoke dryly.

"I was wondering if you wanted to catch the fireworks with me at the carnival tonight?" He offered.

"Sorry, I have plans tonight TJ."

I'm always giving him excuses but at least this time, it was true.

TJ was getting irritable with me always denying him. I could tell in his voice and by his gestures too.

It was like he wanted to speak his mind, but he kept quiet.

"Okay," he sighed.

After he disappeared, the girls started to laugh at him.

I shook my head while shrugging my
shoulders.

"Bey, did you fuck him?" Meagan asked.

I looked at them all before answering.

I chuckled slightly. "I guess."

Their mouths dropped opened and they laughed out of shock.

"How do you guess?"

"Long story," I said but it really wasn't.

"That's like Nicki's closest friend here," Natalie laughed still.

"Damn, she must have really did some damage to you girl."

I sighed. "Y'all I don't even want to talk about it."

I'm still mad but I was more than angry at the time, that I didn't care or take in consideration of her feelings. I just wanted to get back at her.

I should have never had sex with him but it's nothing I could do now.

I turned around to take a quick glance at Onika. This was the first time in weeks that I actually looked at her.

Of course she caught me in the act.

Her face softened once our eyes met.
I miss her a lot from the our funny conversations to the great sex we had.

Since I used to be with her almost everyday, things felt weird.

I refrained from my thoughts and jumped back into the conversation that my friends were having.