Chapter 12: Change

Kylie's POV

I decided to leave the house and went to the hospital. I want to visit Chanyeol and talk to him if ever he's conscious.

I entered the hospital room where Chanyeol is and saw him still lying on that bed with a bandage on his neck.

I saw a chair next to his bed and sat there. I looked at him and took his hand. I held his hand and tears started to fall from my eyes.

"I miss you." I said to him even though he cannot hear me.

"Please wake up. I promise not to hurt you anymore. I promise." I said and tried to stop myself from sobbing.

I cried silently beside him while staring at his face.

I put my head down on the bed and covered my mouth to cover my sobs

I did it for Chanyeol. I left Baekhyun for him so that he won't hurt himself anymore.

I'm scared that he might kill himself because of me. So I think I made the right decision.

I think it's for the better.

I was busy crying myself out when I felt someone touch my head.

I looked up and saw Chanyeol staring at me. I was surprised and quickly wiped all the tears from my eyes.

"You're awake. How are you feeling?" I said to him and he rises up from his bed.

He sat on his bed and looked at me.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

"I came to see you." I answered.

"Where's Baekhyun?" He asked while looking down.

"Let's not talk about him." I answered and looked away.

"So how are you feeling? I bought something for you." I said and took the food I bought at the convenience store.

I just thought that he'd be hungry, so I bought him food.

"Let's get this straight, Kylie. What are you here for?" Chanyeol asked and he gave me that relentless look on his face.

"I just wanted you to know that I--"

"That you love Baekhyun?" He interrupts.

"No." I objected and shook my head.

"Then what?" He asked. I could feel his cold attitude towards me.

Well, I cannot blame him. I hurt his feelings. So I understand why he's acting this way towards me.

"I am here because I choose you." I answered and looked down at the floor.

"Whatever it is that I and Baekhyun have is already over." I added while fidgeting my fingers.

I was about to cry again when Chanyeol held my hand. He smiled at me.