Chapter 23: The Accident

(FLASHBACK)

Kris' POV

November 13, 2016.

Today is Kylie's 18th birthday.

Luhan had planned everything for the beautiful debutant because he wanted to make sure that she would be happy on her special day.

Kylie's parents didn't bother to help him with the planning of the debut, so he asked for me and the others to help him with it.

The party will start later at 7 pm in the evening. We are just getting ready to go to the location.

Kylie is all ready to go to the place where her birthday party would be held, so we hurriedly fixed everything that we need and wear our tuxedo for tonight.

We are still at the house at the moment. We are waiting for Tao's limousine to arrive.

"Guys, are we ready to go?" Luhan suddenly came to the living room and said that.

I shook my head and Kylie let out a sigh.

"I hope the guests are not there yet, it will be embarrassing to let them wait long." Kylie uttered.

"Just wait a little longer, princess. I called my driver, he said he is on his way." Tao said.

"Anyway, Chen, where is Suho and the others?" Kylie asked.

"Um, I forgot to tell you the other day, Kylie. He said they won't be able to attend your party." Chen answered and Kylie frowned.

"Don't be sad now, it's your special day, you should enjoy it even if they are not here." Xiumin said and she just gave us a faint smile.

"Is it okay if I borrow your phone, Chen?" Kylie said.

"Okay, just give it back to me later." Chen replied and handed Kylie his phone.

So she took Chen's phone and immediately stood up from the sofa and went to the veranda.

I guess she's about to call the Kingkas now because of Suho declining her invitation.

Why would Suho even do that? Kylie is so precious to them and now they are declining her invitation for her special day.

I thought they care for her too much, but I think they have changed their minds now.

Kylie's POV

I went to the veranda after borrowing Chen's phone. I really need to know the reason why the Kingkas won't attend my party. There must be something that happened.

So I texted Suho's number and pretended to be Chen.

'Hey, hyung, aren't you really coming?'

I sent that message and waited for his reply.

The phone suddenly beeped and there I saw a new message from Suho.

I quickly opened it and read the text.

'I told you already, Chen, we won't attend her party.'

The message says...

'But, this day is very important to her and she wants you to be here.'

I sent the message and wait for a few minutes again for his reply.

Since Chen has a roaming number, he can contact Suho anytime...

'We don't care about her anymore. We don't want her back either, so just please stop texting me about this. I don't want Luhan to think that we are taking her away again, so please, just tell her any excuse that you can give so that she would stop bothering you about it.'