Chapter 8: Rivals

Kylie's POV

I was walking towards our house. But when I get closer to it... 

I saw Baekhyun sitting in front of the gate. I froze for a moment.

What is he doing here?

"Kylie." He uttered and stood up from the ground.

"Class isn't over yet, right? Why are you here?" I asked him.

"I came here to find out why you left school. You said it, our class isn't over yet, but you left, why?" He said.

"I felt sick so I decided to go home. Don't mind me, I just need some sleep." I said to him and he shook his head.

"You are lying, Kylie." He said and he looked serious.

Did he know what happened?

Baekhyun wouldn't be this serious if he doesn't know. Stupid. 😓

Alright, I'll tell him.

"I guess you already know what happened, huh?" I said to him.

"I'm sorry. I just didn't know what to do. I was so baffled and I started running away from the others." I added and I faced the ground with embarrassment.

"You don't have to say sorry. This is Chanyeol's fault anyway. He didn't know what he was doing. Please forgive him." Baekhyun said.

He came closer to me and he hugged me. I was dazed. He started caressing my hair and he gave me a kiss on my head.

"I told you I'm always here, right? So expect me to be here beside you whenever you need me. I know you got scared. Don't worry, I won't let him do that again. I promise." He said, and I lifted my arms and hugged him back.

I felt so secure in his arms and felt that I don't want to let go of his hug.

I just wish Baekhyun is always there to protect me. Like a guardian angel.

Baekhyun's POV

Kylie and I went to the dorm. She decided to talk to the others.

Everything went well, but Chanyeol suddenly arrived at the dorm.

We all stayed quiet while he's standing there with his eyes staring at Kylie.

Kylie was looking down on the floor.
I guess she's still scared towards Chanyeol. She's still not that okay with him.

"I just came to take some of my clothes. I'm staying at my condo for a month." Chanyeol said and started walking away from us.

I got irritated because he didn't even say sorry to Kylie for what he did.

I stood up and followed him to his room. I saw him fixing his things.

"What are you doing here?" He said without even facing me.

"You A**hole. You had the guts to come here and show up after what you did to her? You didn't even bother to tell her sorry for what you did. How can you be so insensitive!" I retorted.

I heard a deep chuckle from him.

"Insensitive? Who among the two of us is more insensitive, huh? My dear best friend?" He mockingly said.

"Instead of understanding my feelings, you chose to hurt me." He added.

"If I was being insensitive, then what do you call yourself? Aren't you being insensitive too?" He uttered and he faced me.