Chapter 33: Kylie's Secret

Shailee's POV

After eating breakfast I went back to my room, I packed my clothes and the things I need to bring to Korea for the engagement party.

It was actually two guest rooms away from Kylie's room.

So I went to check on her room.
When I came near the door of her bedroom, I saw that it is slightly open.

I looked into that small space of the door to see what Kylie is doing inside.

What shocked me is that Baekhyun is with her inside the freaking bedroom.

I don't know what has gotten into me and I decided to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Is it that painful?" Baekhyun asked as he was looking at Kylie who was lying down on her bed with her hands on her stomach.

"Nah, it's okay. I guess, I just need a rest, and eventually it will go away." Kylie answered and gave him a smile.

"Are you sure? Do want me to buy you some medicine?" Baekhyun said while looking at her.

"You don't have to, I will be fine. Just go and pack your clothes, we'll be leaving early in the morning so you better get your things ready." Kylie replied.

"Okay, I guess I'll see you later." Baekhyun said and he stood up from her bed.

He's now heading towards the door so I immediately knocked on the door to pretend that I arrived just now, even though I've been here a few minutes ago.

Baekhyun then came out of the door.

"Hey, is Kylie there?" I asked.

"Of course, she's inside." He replied.

"Oh, okay, thanks. Anyway, what are you doing inside her room?" I said to him.

"Just talking with her, that's all. I'll go ahead, I need to pack my things. See you in a bit." He said it in a serious voice.

He's acting different lately. I don't know what's with him.

After that, small talk with Baekhyun, I went inside Kylie's room and saw her on the bed.

"Hey." Kylie greeted upon seeing me.

"I just want to talk to you about engagement party." I said to her.

"Sure. Sit here." She replied and tapped her bed asking me to sit down.

So I just sat beside her while she stares at me, waiting for me to talk.

"So, do you have any plans after the engagement? Luhan said you guys are staying in Korea for five days. That's so cute, you can spend your time together. Other than that, do you have anything in mind?" I uttered and giggled in the end of my sentence.

The thought of them together is just so cute and lovely. I'm so happy for the two of them.

"Well, I don't really have any plans. I'm not even ready for the whole engagement." She said to me.

"But, why? Is there anything that is bothering you?" I asked and she sighed.

"I'm just not ready for the marriage. It' s too overwhelming for me." She answered.

"Don't you love Luhan?" When I asked her that question, she was silent for a minute before answering.

"I love him as a friend, he's very important to me, but I can't marry him." She answered while giving me that sad look on her face.