➽Chapter Four

I was listening to this song the entire time I was writing the chapter. It's so good and I imagine Draco walking in with this song playing in the background. He's very dramatic as you will see later on! XD Enjoy!

The skies themselves seem to be crying in anticipation of Draco's visit

Flecks of gray and silver streaked the usually blue skies, dying rays of sunshine cutting through the clouds and the sweet songs of the morning birds not ringing through the atmosphere. The sand dunes seemed flatter, the desert a hushed tune waiting for a crescendo of chaos.

The tribal grounds were swarmed with members rushing in and out of their huts. Most carried decorations while others carried weapons, securing the grounds as they all waited for the Emperor's arrival.

Onyx herself has been up even before the sun passed over the horizon, waiting until Rheynoak unraveled his hands from her waist and left for his daily routines before she got up herself. The soreness aching in her bones was undeniable and neither was the tangy taste of copper lingering inside her mouth.

The nightmares had taunted her again last night, this time worst than before. The swirling images of death and blood were encrypted into her head, a permanent mark that refused to wash away no matter how many times she closed her eyes and prayed to the stars and that soothing voice that whispered to her in the darkness of her nightmares was now a haunting lullaby that was trapped in her mind like a prison.

Even in the comfort of her lover and in the safety of their sheets, her mind was still a slave to the ancients ones that wanted her dead in her dreams. Her mind was becoming a labyrinth of chains with no escape.

Dragging herself out of bed and soaking herself in a cold bath, the Siphon had graciously pulled on some clothes she had stashed underneath Rheynoak's bed in a bag and placed the ruby necklace Draco had gifted her with around her neck.

The red jewel glowed like thriving embers in the morning sun, sending off dying rays that blended in with the sun's rays as she stepped out of the castle and into the blistering heat of the desert. She kept her head down, digging her nails into the thin material of her black top as she weaved a path for herself through the rushing crowd.

Nausea was building up quickly in the pit of her stomach and a wave of sickness washed over her body. Veins stiffened underneath her skin, her own magic still and confused, searching for what she was.

Quiet. Peace and quiet were all she sought.

Reaching the far end of the tribe grounds, just past one of the sand dunes, were the stables for the horses. They were not there before but having returned to the desert with their shape-shifting horses, Rheynoak himself had taken the liberty to build a place just for them.

They would come in handy during some of their training lessons.

Brushing the strands of her hair aside, Onyx scoured the stables, past the other horses until her eyes landed on a particular midnight blue horse on the far end of the stables, free of gold reins and melting golden eyes raising up to meet hers. Immediately, the Siphon's soul lightened, a smile pulling on her lips as she made her way over to her horse.