➽Chapter Thirty Eight

Over the next few days, Onyx and Draco along with Yongui, Falcon, Sahara, Emperor Seron, and Empress Cayah abandoned the safety net that was their palace to head over to the barriers where Raebar's body laid undisturbed

"If we cannot restore Raebar to his previous state, the best we can do is to strengthen the barriers around his body. If he tries to escape, it will temporarily keep him there" Draco explained that morning as he gathered his weapons.

Despite waking up only hours ago, the emperor was back to his usual business. He ignored his injuries and woke up at the crack of dawn to prepare for the voyage. "What if you cannot strengthen the barrier?" Alesandria had asked before their departure. "What if it is too late and Raebar has already found a way out?"

"Hopefully, it doesn't come to that" Onyx had replied with a smile. "But you don't need to worry about that now. You need to rest and regenerate. Don't worry too much about it."

Alesandria could still make out the frown on Draco's face as Onyx said it. The way the two exchanged a worried glance in the other's direction before leaving. They whispered to each other in a different tongue of language Alesandria could not decipher, but she was certain they were discussing her.

And it made her blood boil. It made her enraged to the point that as soon as she was left alone in the recovery room, she casted a spell so detrimental, it lashed out and took the shape of whips made from burning fire, licking and beating the walls until they were scarred and burning everything in her path.

By the time Castrin and Azura had arrived, the room was nothing but an empty abyss of black smoke.

And that is how Alesandria found herself in the confinement room located just a couple steps away from the many infirmary rooms in the palace. It was in a lonely hallway with only one door that led to the room.

Alesandria sat on the floor of the confinement room, toying with the sheets wrapped around her body. The white ceilings were decorated in thousands of small lights shining so bright, she closed her eyes to escape the reality she was in.

However, as soon as the darkness of her mind blocked out any light, she faced the dawning delusions of Heather's voice screaming down the bond. She could feel fingers dig into her head and pull her back and forth as she begged for information.

"Alesandria! For the love of God, we need you! Where has that wretched king and his bedmate gone to now?" she asked in a demanding voice, screeching at the top of her lungs until her voice broke through her ears and drowned out any other possible noise.

"And why should I tell you after talking to me like that? If you haven't noticed, I impaled myself with a knife just for your stupid, lunatic plans to fall into place so excuse me if I do not have the strength right now!" Alesandria screamed back, not knowing whether she was yelling down the bond or out loud.

Silence settled in her mind, the heavy breathing of Heather cooling down to a whimper. "Fine. Take your precious time. I have you where I want anyway."