➽Chapter Thirty Nine

Morning dawn turned into night dusk by the time the emperors and empresses were able to finish their work

Morning dawn turned into night dusk by the time the emperors and empresses were able to finish their work. They slumped against each other in a tired effort, shaking their hands and twisting their limbs to relieve themselves of the work they have accomplished over the past few hours.

Draco stood on the outskirts of the burial ground, looking below him at the city that stared back. It was alive and thriving, millions of lights creating a road from the center of Salion to those who lived in the mountains far away from any civilization. His eyes wandered around, looking to see a familiar silhouette but finding no one in return.

"Draco." The voice of Empress Misa pulled him back to reality and he turned around to see his friend along with Emperor Seron, Sahara, Raiyah, Iredine, and Empress Cayah. "We need to talk to you."

"Lighten up first. All of you look like you returned from a funeral" he said, his voice barely there. Empress Misa passed him a look, resting her hand on his shoulder. "It's about Onyx" she simply said, causing his eyes to go wide.

"What about her?" he pressed.

"Draco, she can't keep acting like a child" Sahara delivered in a blunt tone. "I understand that she is the key to rebuild the Inner Circle but her childish ways and habits of throwing tantrums of letting her powers overwhelm her in times where she doesn't get what she wants is tiring and is in no way the attitude a future empress should hold herself with."

"That might be a bit harsh" Draco defended, but Emperor Seron shook her head. "Harsh?! Draco look at the mess she caused just earlier! She attacked an enemy completely out of anger and if we didn't stop her, she could have killed him and caused an even bigger problem than the one we are currently in!"

"And this has been a pattern I have been noticing as well. While it has never presented itself to be this prominent, she does tend to succumb to her powers in times of hardship or difficulty and her anger does not do much to help the situation. It only propels her powers forward and causes great destruction. As much as I honor Onyx, her attitude has to change."

Draco sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "Don't you think you guys are being irrational? Raebar destroyed her life. He is the reason why she is where she is. He practically caused her parent's death! I would be just as mad!"

"Raebar has done a lot of damage in the past and he has hurt a lot of us countless times!" Raiyah spoke up. "There is not one person in the Inner Circle that he has not hurt. However, that does not give her an excuse to act the way she did and then storm off as nothing happened! It's unacceptable!"

The emperor looked at everyone that stood in front of him, his eyes struggling to meet the truth. A heavy sigh settled in the pits of his chest, looking down at his arm to the incomplete Ruge that linked them together. Body and soul.

Iredine stepped forward, resting one hand on his shoulder. She used another to pick up his head so that they would meet face to face. "Draco, I know that you love her, and I know that she is your mate."