➽Epilogue

Onyx wandered around the empty abyss

Onyx wandered around the empty abyss. She looked around her dark surroundings, streaks of light passing through occasionally. She wandered around the abyss, screaming into the eternal void standing in front of her.

"What the actual fuck" she screamed, digging her fingers into her hair. "Damn you, Gods! It's not my time to go!" She aimed her fist at nothing, crumbling down to the floor in a defeated heap. She looked up at the darkness around her, her eyes flickering towards the faint streak of lights that danced by, breaking through the blackness.

She closed her eyes tight, hoping and praying to whoever was listening that she would be restored to her body soon. A single tear rolled down her cheek as she prayed, her mind lost in thought to comprehend what was happening around her. A vision of golden light broke through the bleak blackness, a finger reaching out to touch her cheek.

Immediately, her eyes flinched open, a pair of green eyes meeting hers. She scrambled up to her feet, taking a deep breath as she took in her mother who was standing in front of her. Her long hair tumbled to her waist, covering her face. Her hands were outstretched in comfort, a smile on her face. Without a second thought, Onyx raced into her mother's arms, enveloping her arms around her waist as she sobbed quietly into her chest.

"It's okay, Onouxia. Everything will be fine" she whispered, holding her daughter tight as they crumpled to the floor. Onyx shook her head as she wept, her tears falling down her cheeks. "No, it's not. Nothing is ever okay." Eshara laughed, stroking her daughter's hair. "You sound like me when I was about to marry your father."

Onyx laughed as she pulled away from her mother, smiling as her tears were wiped away. "Where am I?" she asked, looking around the dark abyss. "What is this place?"

"We're in your mind once again except this time, it's not so bleak. There are memories and fewer fractures. You're slowly but surely recovering" her mother explained, looking around the dark abyss. She looked back down at her daughter, placing a comforting hand over hers. "You will be okay."

"Am I dead? Like truly dead?" Onyx asked. Her mother shook her head, sighing. "Physically, yes. Mentally, no" she explained. Onyx's brows furrowed, a frown pulling on her lips. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" she asked. "How can I be dead in one aspect but not another?"

"I always found immortal death to be so complicated for no reason at all. When mortals die, it is simple and clean. No resurrection. No complications. With immortals, even weapons designed to destroy us can be undone. It takes time and a powerful magic source to do so but it is possible" Eshara said, shaking her head.

She looked over to her daughter, reaching out to stroke her cheek. He pushed her hair aside, tucking a strand behind her ear. "Technically, you were near death when he stabbed you. I can even reach and say that you were dead by the time he stabbed you. The problem with your death is the weapon of choice. He stabbed you with Lucifer which was intertwined with siphoning magic. Whatever fragments of your soul that were residing in your body got siphoned away in your sword and into an unknown region."