➽Chapter Twelve

The first day of Solyerian

The first day of Solyerian. The day of Holiness.

To say the least.

The sun was peeking just past the sand dunes, the cries of birds piercing through the thick air. The tribal grounds were decorated with twinkles of light and sprinkles of diamonds, gold lanterns hanging from huts and the sand under their feet sparkling with gold dust.

A sweet smell lingered in the air, strong and pungent and the nudge of danger and magic whispered at the darkest corners. The dining hall was set, prepared for a feast to be dined with by kings and nobles.

Everyone dressed in their finest apparels including Onyx who stood in the middle of Rheynoak and Lucien, dressed in a black silk gown with golden details that hugged her chest and waist. Her hair, which had been a rude mess only thirty minutes ago, was now pampered and curled, swaying with the wind that blew in her face.

Venix and Alesandria stood across from her on the opposite side of the circle, the Bloodbone wearing a simple navy blue dress with long sleeves while Alesandria wore a black gown with floral details. Yet while both of them looked stunning, a rather fatigue and unimpressed look crossed their faces, practically begging to escape out of the baking sun.

The Mind Siphon's hands twitched, wanting to be with her friends but the slightest movement of her body had Rheynoak panicking and reaching for her hand gently, grasping it in a never breaking bond. "Relax, Onyx. Nothing to worry about" he whispered to her, flashing one of his heart-stopping smiles.

Except her heart did not stop. It did not quicken or flutter or combust. It simply kept on beating in its natural pattern, dismissing his ways to toy with her. "Trust me, I'm not bothering myself with this holiday" she replied back, not meeting his gaze. "I don't understand why I have to be standing here with you Rheynoak. I'm not the leader of this tribe."

"But you are my mate, Onyx" the tribe leader replied back, a slight annoyance in his words. "You have every right to be standing up here with me as Lucien does." Hazel eyes darted over to his Hell Siphon in companion who did not pay him any mind, his blue eyes concentrated on the brass gate.

"I just don't like being the center of attention okay" she hissed back, shaking her head. "If anything, Alesandria should be standing up here, greeting the nobles with you. She is the lost queen of Crojesian and I am a mere demi-hybrid."

A sigh escaped her lover's lips, his eyes straying from her. "I'm not having this conversation with you right now, Onyx. It is what it is." And with that, he squeezed her hand one more time, angering her even more. With a huff, she tore her hand away from his grasp, crossing her arms over her chest.

"And I am done with you" she muttered under her breath, shaking her head.

A strong wind picked up, blowing her hair across her face and a shadow materialized from thin air as if someone had summoned the being. In the blink of an eye, Draco appeared in the middle of the tribe, dressed in his usual black attire, a midnight black cape embroidered with gold draping off his shoulders.