➽Chapter Fifty

Alesandria walked in confident strides down the broken glass that littered the hallway

Alesandria walked in confident strides down the broken glass that littered the hallway. Her white dress flowed by her feet, her hands bounded by silver chains. Along with her wrist, she toyed with the purple beads of her bracelet, feeling Draco's presence through the charming jewelry. The sliver of a smile pulled on her lips, her fingers caressing the beads.

She neared the double doors with flames on each side, Rashnov, and Irene waiting for her. She approached them wordlessly, letting their hands tighten around her arms. They turned towards the door, knocking on the wood. It creaked open without a sound. Orange flames lit up the dip room.

As they stepped in, the stench of death met her nose, making her eyes water and prickle. The room was filled with the undead, their bloodshot eyes watching her with hunger as she approached. She struggled to suppress her gag, shuttering as they dragged her across the room to where Raebar was sitting on the throne. She looked up at him with emotionless eyes, a frown pulling on her lips. "Release the girl" Raebar instructed.

They did so, allowing her to flex her arms and breathe. Raebar got up from his throne, walking down the stairs to meet her eyes. She watched him as his eyes met hers, a chill running down her spine. "Raebar" she whispered, causing him to smile. His hand reached out to caress her black hair, his fingers skimming across the curve of her cheek.

His grip was calloused and unwavering, leaving a mark she could not see but feel. "I'm sorry about your sister, Alesandria. I know she meant a lot to you" he said. Alesandria shook her head, her eyes going to the floor. "Her death was necessary. I understand that" she replied.

"You have made a wise choice by staying with me," he said, nodding his head. "Nothing like your foolish friends who have chosen to abandon you and run like the cowards they are." Alesandria nodded, licking her lips.

"I know," she said. "It's only right to punish me. I've done the unspeakable and betrayed those I love. I don't deserve to follow them. I'll only be a burden." Raebar nodded, letting his hand fall from her face. "You could view this as a punishment," he said, walking around her in circles.

He stopped in front of her again, this time stooping down to her height. "Or you can view this as a liberation. You, Alesandria Erovex-Talgran, have so much potential." He cradled her face in his calloused hands, stroking her cheek. "Your weak mind has so much power to draw from. You did such a great job manipulating them that I think you can go above and beyond to serve your duties to me."

He backed up, letting his hands fall to his side. "Or you can refuse this offer and spend the rest of your days here enslaved like the others who are suffering and being tortured right now as we speak" he offered. "Then again, if you were to choose the latter, I would hunt down your family and kill them right in front of you."

"You said that you wouldn't hurt them" she protested. He turned around, grabbing her by the throat with a viper grip. "I said that they should leave because they are banished from the Inner Circle. I never said I wouldn't hunt after them."