➽Chapter Forty Six

Onyx watched in fear as Raebar's eyes stared deeply into hers

Onyx watched in fear as Raebar's eyes stared deeply into hers. She could barely breathe, watching as he toyed with the knife in his hand. The blade pressed against the subtle skin of her cheek, pain racing through her body as he applied pressure and dragged it down, causing her skin to tear open.

Warm blood spilled on her face, staining the steel of the knife. Onyx hissed, watching as poked at her wings, plucking a black feather. He twirled it around his fingers, looking down at her. "This is what you have become. It's such a shame. You would have been a great empress" he whispered, tucking the feather into his trench coat.

"Do your worst. You've already destroyed everything I love" she spat back, causing him to laugh. Be bent down again, pressing the knife against her face once more. "I don't need to do much, Onyx. You see, as we speak now, the white ash poison is running through your veins. At first, you'll start to feel weak and dizzy. Your eyes will blur, and you'll start to falter on your steps. Then your powers will start to deteriorate as it runs through your bloodstream, diminishing your strength."

Onyx scrambled up to get up, her hands scraping against the glass. "Finally, your body will start to shut down. Your blood will coagulate and start to pour from you and your insides will start to shrivel like that of a sun-dried fruit. Then you'll begin to crawl knowing you've lost all weakness in your legs and that you can't move. Only then will your heart stop beating, and you shall die, your existence wiped like that of your parents."

Onyx growled, her hand crawling to the head of her sword. "Don't bother" he whispered, releasing her as he stood straight. "This is going to be an easy fight for me." She pulled herself up, stumbling on her steps. "I don't care. I would die happy knowing you will meet a similar fate."

She lifted herself into the air with her broken wings, her sword in hand. With no time to think, she conjured a tail of smoke, letting it trail over to him. The force lifted him in the air, allowing her to engulf him in a tornado of smoke. She could hear his surprised screams as she shifted the focus of her magic to her BloodBone powers, hearing the crunch of his bones and the simmer of his blood as it bent against her will.

Another pained scream escaped his lips, followed by the crunch of his bones as Onyx threw him into a glass paneling of a building, pinning his body there. "You wretched being! You should be thanking me for keeping you alive all these years! I saved you!" he screamed, angering her more.

"Saving me? I would rather die than know you in all my years of living!" she expressed, cornering him. She threw him down from the glass paneling, watching him hit the ground with a sickening crunch. Blood pooled from his head, a curse escaping his lips. She flew down towards him, pinning her foot into his back.

The blade of her sword pressed into his neck, her body stooping down to his level. Their eyes met and for a moment, Onyx hesitated. Seeing those ancient eyes stare back into hers, she could see his life flash before his eyes, a hint of fear in them. A scoff escaped her lips as she stood up. "Now look who is afraid. Pathetic" she hissed, drawing the blade of the sword on his neck. Dark blood pooled from the cut, a curse escaping his lips as it dripped down his neck in a slow cascading river.