➽Chapter Forty Three

Days passed as the relocation of the entire Inner Circle began

Days passed as the relocation of the entire Inner Circle began. Elsavior and Navidia were the first to begin, followed by Lybrias and Krayos. By the time the leaders agreed to congregate together in Cyreix, half of the Inner Circle was filled with desolate silence.

The gothic mountain castle of Seron's kingdom came into view, its sweeping architecture, intricate designs, and large windows striking against the billowing soft snow that coated the buildings and mountains of the kingdom. Seron and Sahara greeted them at the archway of the entrance, beckoning them to gather in the cabinet room.

Draco was the last to arrive, accompanied by Onyx, Castrin, Orion, and Falcon. Yongui and Raiyah had chosen to stay back and gather Yongui's family and Alesandria's family to safety while Iredine attempted to heal Azura and Alesandria at her home. The somber emperor sat down at the table, looking over at his peers.

"I don't need an introduction to this meeting," Seron said, wrapping his coat tightly around his body. "The evacuation is well underway and Cyreix is due for one tomorrow. We've all received a threatening promise from Raebar. Draco has proposed a risky plan, to say the least."

The emperor of Elsavior looked down at his feet, his hands intertwined together. Onyx reached over for his hand, squeezing it tightly. Seron looked over at his friend, frowning slightly. "As risky as it is, it's also brilliant, cunning and might be crazy enough to work. Are there any objections to this?"

"I am just worried about the alternatives. What if it doesn't work?" Empress Creslin asked. "I know we are all trying to keep a positive mind about this, but we can't ignore the alternatives. There might be a slim chance that this might not work. Don't you think we need other options to consider?"

"If you have any other options, by all means, share with us Creslin" Empress Imperia pressed. Her wild eyes scanned over the tiny empress, a frown on her lips. Creslin sagged her shoulders, rolling her eyes. "I don't have a specific plan to follow through but-"

"If you don't have a specific plan then your opinions are invalid." Imperia cut her off before Creslin could continue. Empress Creslin frowned, folding her hands over her shoulders. "I might not have as much power as you, Imperia but that does not give you the right to cut me off."

Before Empress Imperia could reply, her husband caught her arm, squeezing it gently. He gave her a warning look, causing her to press her lips shut. Creslin looked over at Draco, a worried expression on her face. "Do you have any alternatives Draco? Anything?"

"No" he simply responded. "I don't. This is my only plan. I think it might work but I can't guarantee anything." His voice was soft, his expression tired as he looked over at Onyx who nodded, squeezing his hand underneath the table. "I'm not too sure of this plan but Draco took his time to plan this out. It took him months and many revisions to settle on this. It might not be the most bulletproof plan but it's the only one we have and there is a strong possibility that it might work."