➽Chapter Twenty Five

Onyx rose with the sun the next day

She didn't give much thought to anything she did as she got ready for the day. She took a bath and quickly got ready by throwing on a loose shirt. She was careful not to touch her siphon marks which engulfed nearly all of her back. She strapped her trusty sword to her hip before pulling on a pair of black stretchy pants.

Last but not least, she threw on a black cloak and headed out of the room and down the stairs to the dining hall. The double doors that led to the dining hall were cracked open to reveal Draco in a room with two other leaders.

His court sat at the dining table, barely acknowledging her presence while Draco was immersed in a long discussion with the other two rulers.

Feeling a pit brew in her stomach, the demi-hybrid gently stepped into the room, closing the doors behind her. All eyes turned to her and she immediately blushed, ducking her head behind a curtain of her hair. "Sorry. I didn't know I was disturbing."

"Don't worry about it" the emperor said, passing her a tired smile. "I would like to introduce you to a few friends of mine." He pointed over to the emperor standing next to him, a smile on his face. "This is Emperor Seron. He's the leader of Cyreix."

He pointed to the same handsome man Onyx had sat next to the night before. The same person who happened to be Sahara's mate. She could practically feel Sahara's daunting presence as she bowed to him. "It's nice to see you again" he greeted in a strong voice.

"The same to you kind emperor" Onyx responded back. She could barely hold her gaze as Draco introduced her to the next ruler. "And this is Empress Misa Feirhart. She is the ruler of Navidia."

The empress smiled at Onyx, making her feel a little less nervous. She was stunning with red hair and fair skin. Her outstretched hand was intertwined with red silk from her dress. "It's so nice to meet you. My mate couldn't accompany me today but he sends his wishes."

"It's nice to meet you too, your highness" Onyx replied back. Empress Misa simply shook her head. "Please, call me Misa. I hate formality."

"That's no joke" Draco added on. "Moving on, Seron and Misa are going to help me out today. We are going to venture back to the desert to retrieve Alesandria" he said, running his fingers through his hair. Onyx eyes lit up. "Already? When do we leave?"

"Let me finish" he interrupted, meeting her eyes. "Seron, Misa, and I will be confronting Rheynoak. You, on the other hand, will stay here and begin your training. I have already called Iredine to assist you during training."

"What? Draco, I need to come" she pried. The emperor shook his head, eyeing her. "Why? I don't need you getting hurt again, Onyx. It's best if you stay here."

"Getting hurt?" the demi-hybrid questioned, taking a cautious step towards the emperor. Draco sighed, diverting his gaze to the top of her head. "After everything that's happened between you and Rheynoak, not only are you physically weak but also mentally. I can't allow you to put yourself in that kind of danger."