➽Chapter Fourteen

The second day of Solyerian

The second day of Solyerian. The day of Sacrifice.

The tribal grounds were decorated in arrangements of gold, black, and red hues, the tribe leaders dressed in arrangements of jewels and bright colors.

They stood outside once again, this time in the middle of the tribal grounds. The tribe leaders surrounded them in a daunting way, their straight expressions rather threatening.

For the second day, Rheynoak was suited in a traditional tribal red and gold long shirt that stopped at his knees and matched his red pants. A gold crown sat on his head, the gold cloak clasped over his shoulder.

Beside him on his right was Lucien, wearing a near identical outfit but in a beautiful shade of emerald green. His long hair flowed over his shoulder, a gold cloak shimmering down his back. But Draco shimmered in between them, wearing a velvet blue emperor suit with a silver cloak that enveloped him.

Onyx refused to stand next to Rheynoak for the second day, deciding to get dressed with Venix and Alesandria. With the help of her friends, she wore a more comfortable statement piece. A long red dress with lace straps and a slit.

Venix wore a white floral wrap dress, her white hair wrapped in a bun and Alesandria wore a long yellow dress with a plunging neckline, her dark locks tumbling over her shoulders and her ever-changing siphon marks exposed on her shoulder and back.

The Siphon has yet to speak to Rheynoak, simply avoiding his gaze. After going through the usual traditions of blood sacrifices and drinking sacred wine, Rheynoak introduced the next tradition.

The Dance of the Holy Sun.

"The Dance of the Holy Sun is a very special tradition celebrated in Solyerian" he explained, looking among the tribe leaders that surrounded him. "It was a dance shared with one tribe leader and a member of their choice. You will dance in unison under the sun rays until it has chosen who it wants to bless. After that, we will descend into the ballroom where we will complete the rest of the tradition."

A smile lit his lips, his hazel eyes sparkling. "And the pair has to have no history of previous relations. Simple, platonic, and pure."

Onyx humphed under her breath. Three words that would never bless their relationship in any way.

"What music are we supposed to dance to?" Venix asked, raising her brows. Lucien directed his gaze over to the BloodBone, his blue eyes capturing hers. "It will come to you" he reassured with a nod, a blush overcoming his face. The Bloodbone smirked in return, challenging him with a raised brow.

Excitement rose around the tribe members, whispering of what great joy they would be blessed with if a tribe leader would offer their hand for a dance. The tribe leaders themselves looked excited, their eyes looking over the crowd for a pick.

The first few tribe leaders stepped up, offering their hand to a few members who happily took them. Onyx wasn't expecting anyone to approach her, much less a royal tribe leader who would dare dance with her.