➽Chapter Twenty

Elsavior, the home of NightDwellers, the realm of NightShadows and Fallen stars was still asleep

Elsavior, the home of NightDwellers, the realm of NightShadows and Fallen stars was still asleep. The kingdom had yet to open its eyes from a deep slumber, the city skylines still not lit to their potential.

Over the ocean that separated the capital from the rest of the areas where hills of homes and valleys where residents resided, hidden among the thick fog that covered the roofs of the houses.

It was still a bit dark as Draco soared through the crowd with his mighty wings, taking in the beautiful kingdom he has called home for so many years. Onyx trailed not so far behind, this time sitting on top of Aithne, holding the golden reins of the horse tight in her grip. Her hair whipped around her face, the sweet smell of salt hitting her face.

A smile trailed on the emperor's lips as he headed for the mountains, faintly making out the palace that sat on the peak, still dark as the day had not begun yet. He winnowed forward in the blink of an eye, disappearing like the smoke of clouds before reappearing on the outstretched bridge that was attached from one end of the palace to another.

Aithne flew forward like a gust of wind, picking up speed until she regained her position and landed beside the emperor, her large wings molding into her body. Onyx took a deep breath, feeling the morning wind tickle her bare skin. The strap of her bag dug into her shoulder, a sharp pain indented into her skin.

The Siphon looked up, admiring the palace grounds they stood on. It was more than a castle. It was a tall, gothic palace built around the peaks of the mountains it stood on. It stretched out far and wide, covering grass and gardens, vines, and flowers intertwining around the columns. Several entrances presented themselves, winding staircases leading to different routes.

At some point, near one of the main entrances with a huge ark, the grass became flashing tiles twinkling with the flicker of embers. The sound of fountains being turned on met her ears, the water splashing among the blooming flowers and coating the vines with morning dew.

Although she couldn't see far, the Siphon knew that they only stood on the outskirts of the palace. The whole palace ground was practically its world and she has yet to discover it all. "Welcome to my home" Draco welcomed her as she descended from the horse, still holding on to the reins. "The Palace of Revian, embedded around the Revian mountains. It was built by my father's family many years before he wed my mother.."

"It's beautiful," Onyx said as they walked along the bridge, making their way to a small staircase hidden in the morning shadows. Draco nodded, running his tattooed fingers through his dark curls. "Thank you. I will give you the full tour later but as of right now, we have to get you settled in."

"There is no need to rush" she assured him, wanting to take in the beautiful view the bridge provided. Right there, she could see the sky fully and make out where the sun met certain parts of the sky and how the colorful streaks blended and traced past the fading stars.