➽Chapter Twenty Six

Are you guys ready to meet someone even more notorious than Draco?

Are you guys enjoying the books and series so far? I want to hear your honest opinion! Comment below!

Draco fixed the collar of his trench coat as he made his way down the guest hallway.

A door was cracked open and he peered inside to see Alesandria rising from her sleep. Red bags outlined her bloodshot eyes and her veins were purple against her pale skin. The emperor hesitated, his fist balled against the door.

He contemplated but ultimately decided to greet her later in the morning. Walking away from the guest room, he rounded a corner and found himself in a dark hallway. It was another set of sleeping quarters.

Silence surrounded him as he made his way towards the one room that showed any signs of life. The lights were on and the door was slightly opened. Coming from the opened space was a lovely voice that pulled him forward.

He peered through the door to see Onyx's silhouette. She was wrapped in a plush robe with her wet hair plastered to her face. She went around the room in a light manner, brushing her fingers through her hair as she hummed a song to herself.

He pried his eyes away and knocked on the door. His hands rested on his chest to still his beating heart. "Coming!" Several minutes passed before the door opened wider. Onyx's face emerged from the shadows. "Draco."

"Good morning to you too" he teased, bowing his head. "Are you feeling better?" he asked, taking a cautious step forward. A smile lit her face and she stepped aside. "A bit better. You can come in if you want."

With a nod, he stepped into the room and was immediately greeted by a chilly wind. His eyes darted over to the open balcony doors. "If you wanted to freeze to death, I would have settled you in the winter valleys," he said between chattering teeth.

She laughed and walked over to the balcony doors. They closed with a hush despite the cold winds battering against the glass doors. "Sorry. Nowadays, I need some encouragement waking up. This bed is so comfortable."

Her eyes trailed over to the emperor who had a questioning expression on his face."What's wrong?" she asked, walking over and settling a hand on his shoulder. The scar on his jaw flexed as he sat down on her bed in deep thoughts. "Is it about Rheynoak? What happened yesterday?"

"The desert tribes are planning a rebellion against us," Draco said, cutting in between her words. "I felt it yesterday as soon as I stepped on the tribal grounds and the sight of Irene and Heather confirmed my suspicions. Those two are notorious for rebelling."

"Did they cause you these scars?" Onyx asked, running her fingers on the thin slit of skin that was open. The emperor hissed at her touch and pulled away harshly, brushing a bruised knuckle on his face. "He put up a good fight. That's all I can say. What we need to concentrate now is how the Inner Circle can defend itself when the tribes attack."