➽Chapter Twenty Three

Well, Helloo there Draco! Miss seeing your handsome face <3

"Are you listening, Draco?"

The emperor's smokey eyes lifted to meet those of Iredine's, a frown on her lips as she handed him the results that were conjured from the rituals. He had barely glanced at them, knowing whatever was on that paper was beyond him.

"Sorry" he apologized, running his fingers through his hair. "Continue, please."

The two were sitting in the dining hall, the lights dimly lit and a glass of bourbon besides them. After carefully transporting Onyx back to the palace, they had tucked her away in her room where her powers would fully undergo a complete transformation.

Now it was time for him to do his part and figure out what the hell Aries and Eshara bred seventeen and a half years ago.

"Are you sure you want to hear this?" Iredine warned him, cautiously toying with the piece of paper in her hand. "At the end of the day, she's not your responsibility."

Her words had a certain truth to them. Technically, she wasn't his responsibility but after seeing what she has been through with Rheynoak and the Catalyst Oath, the thought of abandoning her once again truly struck a bad chord within his soul.

"Yes, she is" he replied back coldly. "I took her in willingly and it is my job to protect her."

Sighing, she nodded. "Well according to the results, she is a demi-hybrid and based on her blood type, her siphon heritage mark, and fragments of her memories, she is the heir to the throne" Iredine explained, pushing her red hair behind her. " As far as what kind of demi hybrid she is, Onyx is a rare combination of a Mind Siphon, a cross breed between a Black Magru and a Redwing Witch, a Bloodbone, a Silostria, and a ShadowReaper. She also possess great characteristic of strength and infinite knowledge."

And just like that, Draco's heart dropped.

Iredine looked up to see his face flushed white and his eyes nearly black. "She's a monster created to destroy," she said, pushing the paper towards him. "She could kill us all if she wanted to."

The emperor looked down at the paper, shaking his head in disbelief. In all his life, he had never seen anything like this. Of course, he had met demi-hybrids in all shapes and sizes but never one that possessed such a rare combination as Onyx did.

"She just learned about her powers, Iredine. She barely knows how to control them" Draco defended, pushing the paper away. "Besides, she would never try to kill anyone. At least not without a reason."

"Draco, you are blinding yourself with this girl. She's a catastrophe. Having someone like her in Elsavior will surely upset the balance of things. It wouldn't even matter if the other rulers knew but if word gets out to the desert tribes and mortal kingdoms, Elsavior is going to crumble."