➽Chapter Six

Sweat dripped down her back, matting her hair to her forehead and the fabric of her shirt sticking to her back

Red bruises covered her shoulders and knuckles, sore and recent as her fist collided with the inflated punch bag once again, sweat running down the bridge of her nose.

Despite the blood rushing to her ears and her throat tightening with the slick feeling of blood choking off air, she inhaled a breath, her lungs straining as she did so before exhaling.

After her morning encounter with Lucien and sparring with Venix, the BloodBone had abandoned her to help Alesandria with her training, patting her on her shoulder with a promise of the night. Not wanting to be a burden, the Siphon had simply encouraged her to go, leaving her alone and aching.

Since everyone else was busy setting up since Draco arrived and was dragged away by Rheynoak, there weren't many people in the training room, leaving the Siphon with her anger, thoughts, and a punching bag to calm her.

Her chest was sore and aching, her fists hitting the punching bag over and over again until her muscles snapped inside of her and her bones cracked under pressure.

But nothing but fog and anger and confusion crossed those gold, emerald ringed eyes that twinkled like day stars, her strength outweighing everything that surrounded her.

A wind brushed past the Siphon's face, cold and unwanted. She stopped in her tracks, casting a side glance over her shoulder but not an outline of a shadow met her eyes. Choosing to ignore the slither that went down her spine, she turned back to the punching bag.

Caught in her own mind and the bag that stood before her, the Siphon was blatantly unaware of the footsteps that crept up on her, silent and deadly as its tall silhouette towered over hers. A warm hand was placed on her shoulders, calloused but undeniably soft hands squeezing her hands.

"I'm okay, Venix. No need to check up on me" Onyx uttered, furrowing her brows. An amused chuckle fell out of his lips, placing another hand on her shoulder. This one was cold and unwanted, snapping the Siphon out of her thoughts and turning her around to meet ruby-ringed light eyes.

"Draco" was all she said, lowering her fists down to her sides. "In the flesh" he replied back, smiling down at her.

"Why are you here?" she asked suddenly, raising her brow. He frowned down at her, flicking her nose. She growled back, rolling her eyes. "I believe I told Rheynoak I would be dropping by soon but obviously his tiny mind couldn't comprehend my words."

His eyes drifted over to the necklace around her neck, a small smile tweaking his lips. "I see you have taken every good care of my present."

Despite the pain that was crunching her insides and the blood boiling under her skin, the Siphon mustered a smile, relaxing a finger against the ruby locket. "It belonged to your mother and you entrusted me with it" she pointed out, shrugging. "That's more of a compliment if anything."