➽Chapter Twenty Nine

Listen to the song

Listen to the song. It's so good and fits the chapter!

Somewhere in the inky darkness of her mind, a gold light shined its way through.

The Siphon squinted as it came closer, taking the shape of a familiar tall silhouette with long hair and gold eyes just like hers. Her appearance seemed a bit different, her face wearing a concerned look instead of the usual cocky one.

"You again" she whispered at the queen, taking in the radiance of her beauty. The same crown embedded itself on her hair, shining just as bright as the gold light that illuminated around her.

"It's been a while," the queen said, outstretching her hand. Onyx accepted the kind gesture and pulled herself up. "And a lot of things have changed" Onyx warned her, raking her fingers through her hair. The queen nodded, a tight-lipped smile on her face.

"I am aware. I've been lurking in your mind for quite some time now. It's as empty as the first time I visited" she said, gesturing towards the black space they were in. "Yet somehow, it's different."

"Well, a lot of things are different now," she said, shrugging. The queen hummed underneath her breath, shaking her head slightly. "How have you been feeling? Do you still get sick or have nightmares?"

Onyx shook her head, resting a hand on her empty stomach. "No. Ever since I became a demi-hybrid, I haven't been suffering from any of my previous symptoms." The queen let out a sigh of relief. "That's good to know. The ruby was restored back to its owner."

"How do you know about that?" the Siphon questioned. The queen looked at her with a sarcastic smile. "Honey, I have been in your mind from quite some time now. I could feel it." Onyx shook her head, resting her other hand on her hip."Well, where have you been? If you been in my mind this entire time, How come you didn't expose yourself to me more often?"

"The gate between our worlds is very slim and I had very little time to reach out to you and talk. Instead, I decided to just stay in your mind and appear when you seemed like you were in a stressful situation." The queen looked her up and down, her brow raised. "And from what I am seeing, you are far beyond what anyone would consider a stressful situation."

"What do you want?" Onyx simply asked, her voice cold and prickly like icicles.

"This is just the tip of the iceberg, my dear," the queen said in a hushed tone. "You are about to enter a new phase in your life. There is still so much more you have yet to discover."

"Like what?" the Siphon questioned.

"Your parents. Your kingdom. The legacy they left behind. Allies and enemies they made" she said, listing a few off her finger. "Your mate."

"That's the least of my concerns," Onyx said, shaking her head at the last one.

"It's not a priority right now," the queen said, shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly. "But your mate will be your greatest ally. He is well respected and has the trust of hundreds of leaders and warriors. He'll truly be an asset."