➽Chapter Forty Four

The night was restless as new restless dawn approached

The night was restless as new restless dawn approached. The midnight sky was pitched black littered with stars even as the moon above fought with the looming shadow of the sun to break through and release the horror that was awaiting.

Down below, Raebar watched with intense eyes as he organized the tribal ground into rows that would soon be his army. The tribe members obeyed blindly due to the compulsion he had set in them. They arranged themselves into rows, dressed in armor and suited with golden spears and weapons that could cut through any immortal skin. Raebar didn't speak, simply commanding them to move with a finger movement.

Rashnov took his place next to him, barking orders at the tribe members. At the dunes, Irene and Heather tamed the creatures that were gifted from other desert tribes. Dragons and white-tailed lizards the size of the dunes themselves stood tall, fighting against the chains that were constricted around their necks. One dragon breathed out a river of fire, nearly missing Heather's head as it burned down a nearby hut to the ground.

Shame to whoever lived there.

Arsen and Caldwin were mining tools in the back, sharpening back as the other tribe leaders that had traveled arranged their groups into army rows, planning to attack from all angles. Raebar looked around him at the unfamiliar tribal ground. A place he used to once call home was now forever changed and tainted by the horrid works of his son.

His beautiful tribal ground no longer felt like home. Frowning, Raebar turned back to Rashnov who seemed just as determined as him, his shoulders squared back. "Aren't you a little bit too excited" he stated not questioning. Rashnov chuckled, turning back to his master.

"I can't help it. I've waited too long for this. With you, anything is possible" he answered, crossing his hands over his chest. "The Inner Circle has ruled over us for too long. They've overstepped their boundaries plenty of times but taking Onyx and Alesandria away from us to bring us down is too far. They need to be taught a lesson."

"They are overdue for one" Raebar simply whispered back. He looked behind him, observing the Heather and Irene as they roughed around the white-tailed phoenixes, bringing them to a standing position before chaining their feet to the ground. "Any word on Lezandria? Heather previously informed me that Iredine tried to interfere with the bond between them."

Rashnov shook his head, looking back at the tribe leader. "No. She reported feeling a bit weak and losing the connection between her and Alesandria's mind but has established that the bond isn't broken. This can mean that Alesandria is probably in some type of deep slumber."

Raebar shook his head, turning his attention back to the army in front of him. "Iredine. I'm surprised she is not dead yet. That abomination has been wandering around Axsairo for too long. She's caused too much trouble and tension between worlds and she needs to be eradicated. No one even knows where she truly comes from."

"Soon enough, she will be gone" Rashnov reassured. "Count on me for that."

"I don't place my trust in anyone but myself," Raebar said, looking down at the head tribe leader. "No offense."