➽Chapter Twenty Two

A disturbing knock on her door awoke Onyx from her sleep

"Onyx, your Highness has requested your presence downstairs" one of Draco's maids reminded her from the other side of the door. The Mind Siphon groaned, pulling the comforter of her head. "Thank you. I'll be downstairs shortly."

The footsteps retreated and Onyx stayed in bed for a few more minutes before arising. Usually, her back would be aching and her muscles would be sore from the rigorous training the day before but now, her body felt relaxed. Although she was still somewhat sore, a good night's sleep has never occurred with her until last night.

Stretching her arms out, the Mind Siphon got out of bed and headed to the bathroom where she brushed her teeth and took a bath. When the arrived back in her room, a black box with a gold bow on top sat by her door, a note attached to the top. Curious, Onyx retrieved it and sat it down on the bed. The note, written in black ink, read:

Dear Onyx,

I hope you are enjoying your stay at Elsavior. Although I would love to show you around the kingdom and all its joyous history, we have to start getting to the bottom of things and discover what kind of hybrid you are exactly. I know, it's a task that doesn't seem like much fun but things have to be done in order to keep you safe. My Court and I will be in the dining hall waiting for you. Today, we will be heading over to a special friend of mine to decipher your true powers. This friend of mine, while helpful, is also rather big on first appearances so I have provided you a gift that will surely impress her and all of us as well.

See you downstairs.

Draco Vaolcris,

Royal Emperor of Elsavior

Smiling at the note, the Mind Siphon opened the box to reveal a beautiful midnight blue dress. It was floor length with a slit and a curved neckline. It was sequined with jewels and sparkled every time she turned it around. A pair of heels were also nestled inside the box.

Feeling a rush of excitement flood her body, Onyx quickly did all her after-shower routines before unwrapping the towel off of her hair. Carefully, she slipped her body into the dress, zipping herself back up. The material magically hugged her body despite her thin frame, the back of the dress plunging to reveal her skin.

Although she knew that the state she was in physically wouldn't last forever, Onyx couldn't help but miss her toned back and curves. Now as she stared into the mirror, she could see just how depraved and miserable she had been the past month. Ever since the oath and her unstable health, Rheynoak had babied her to the point where he watched what kind of food she consumed and how much she trained.

Never too much but never enough.

He claimed to be looking out for her and in that time, Onyx believed him. She had been so mesmerized by him and so weak mentally to think otherwise. Everything about their relationship seemed like a dream on the outside that no one ever stopped to see how much of an actual nightmare it was and by the time the situation was brought into the light, the damage had already been done.