➽Chapter Eighteen

LUNIX IS ALIVE IN THIS CHAPTER! I WAS FEELING A LITTLE ROMANTIC TODAY!

Onyx stormed back into her hut, throwing the door open and letting her cloak fall on the floor.

Tears flowed down from her eyes, her hands shaking as she sank down on the floor, bringing her knees to her chest and letting everything pour out from her soul. Pain shook her body, a strong, sweeping wave she had never experienced in her life.

Of course, the Siphon had been through numerous heartbreaking scenes in her life. Being abandoned by her parents, forced to fend for herself all her life, being isolated from the world, and suffering from numerous lost of people she would have considered her friends either killed by someone else or by the tip of her own blade.

She was no stranger to how painful, how shitty the world can be. But this kind of pain was something different.

Maybe it had to deal with the fact that she fell into the arms of someone she knew was capable of breaking her heart or maybe it was the fact the despite everything he dragged her into, every little word he said that broke her little by little, she still managed to fall for him so hard and so deep.

Or maybe it was the fact that she had been lonely for so many years without a lover and for one second, she thought that she could fill that void in her soul with a lover and be happy for a split second.

She had given herself to him. At all cost and with no second thoughts or remorse, she had thrown herself into the devil's arms and danced a sensual ballad with him under the moonlight. Whatever the reasons were, she now knew that they were stupid and pitiful and wrong in every way possible.

She had been crafting a lie, a veil. She had been playing herself all along and she did not stop to question.

It seemed like hours had passed when the knock on her door came. Sniffling, the Siphon wiped the remainder of her tears and went up to open it to reveal Venix, her blonde hair a disheveled mess and her usual angry violet eyes now nothing but sad pools.

The two beings stood in front of each other, face to face and heart to heart.

It didn't take long for the Bloodbone to embrace her friend, both friends falling into a heap on the floor. Their broken sobs entangled with each other, a tune that would have made even the cruelest of them all shed one tear.

When it seemed as if all their tears were gone, they parted from each other, wiping their face clean. "I can't do this anymore, Onyx" Venix whispered to her, running her fingers through her white hair. "I can't stay here any longer. I have put up with Rheynoak's shit for too long but this is unacceptable. This beyond cruel. It's punishment and I can't stay here knowing I can find the truth somewhere else."

"I understand your reasoning" Onyx replied back after contemplating her friend's statement. "I would do the same thing too."

"I know this is probably harder on you than it is on me," the Bloodbone said, resting a hand on her friend's palm. Their veins lit with colors, exploring each other's pain. Their bodies flooded with intangible emotions, swelling and suffocating.