➽Chapter Thirty Two

The day came for all hell to break loose. Death was thick in the air of Asxairo as dawn broke through the heavens, knowing well that the ground would soon be painted red and that the underworld would gain more souls to torture.

Raiyah Vaolcris fastened the last pair of silver daggers through her jeans before gathering her dark velvet cloak and draping it across her shoulders. The windows of her room were slightly opened, omitting a chilly wind that rose goosebumps on her arm.

A knock sounded on her door and the figure of Orion and Falcon walked in. "Are you ready to leave? I just got word that the rest of the leaders are heading towards the wall along with their armies. They should be there any minute" Falcon informed.

"I'm all set. What about Onyx? Is she ready to leave? I can't have my main orchestra be late" she asked, buttoning the brooch on her cloak. "She is in the infirmary with Draco's body. She will meet us downstairs" Orion reassured her. "We should get going. The rest of the court is waiting for us."

With a deep breath, Raiyah nodded and closed her bedroom door. Her steps were wobbly, and her fingers were slick with sweat as she made her way down the main "Don't fret Raiyah. We've got your back" Falcon reassured her, tossing an arm around her shoulders. "Even if Cayah and Mavian are being complete bitches about this whole situation."

A small chuckle left Raiyah's lips, her cheeks burning red from his compliment. "I just hope I am doing the right thing. I have no clue how to be a leader" she said, earning an earnest smile from Orion. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders, ruffling her hair. "Raiyah, give yourself more credit. You've been a double agent for the Inner Circle, risked your life during missions to obtain information from our enemies, have died several times just to save our asses, and you are a professor and a student at the academy. You do so much good for the community. You may not have a crown on your head, but you're every bit of a leader as your brother is."

A smile perched on her lips, her arms going around their backs. "How did I get so lucky with the two biggest lunatics in all of Asxairo?" Falcon beamed, tossing his head back in a dramatic flip. "I ask myself that every day," he said in an exasperated.

"It's also the same question Azura asks herself every night she's with him" Orion whispered under his breath. Falcon passed him a dark look, causing Raiyah to laugh on this dark day.

Yongui, Azura, Sahara, Castrin, and Alesandria were all waiting at the courtyard of the palace when they greeted them. Raiyah immediately took notice of the private conversation Castrin and Alesandria seemed to be immersed in. He seemed to listen intuitively, leaning closer and inspecting her with wild eyes while she wrapped her arms around him, whispering something into his ear that made him look at her with wide eyes.

"Since when were those two so intimate?" Raiyah suspected, crossing her arms. Orion and Falcon directed their gaze over to the two gossiping immortal beings. "It's no secret that Castrin is in love with her. Maybe she feels the same way about" Falcon explained. "Besides, Castrin has been single for so long. It's about time."