XLIX

The past few days have been...well depressing. Vanessa has literally stayed in our bed for 48 hours either blankly staring at the tv or her laptop.

Hopefully she feels a little better today because technically she is my date to this billboards thing and it would suck if i had to go without her, we're like a team, and on top of that we're out there and people know we're dating so it would suck to hear "where's Vanessa?" All day.

"turn around and let me see" Savannah smiled.

I did as i was told and slowly turned around step by step. " I don't wanna go anymore." I pouted. "What if people start talking to me?"

Bates let out a throaty laugh and shook his head before walking over to check out my outfit. "Well, that is kinda what we're aiming for"

"You look gorgeously handsome" Savannah chuckled. She made me wear a unisex suit from the Chanel line. Apparently if i wore something from Chanel they would pay me, so well, here i am dressed in a black unisex suit with cropped pant legs and the Chanel loafers i wore for the photoshoot looking like a damn migo.

"Shut up" i giggled. "Am i done yet?"

Sav rolled her eyes and playfully pushed me away "Yes y/n you're done"

"Im gonna go check on V and see if she's almost ready" i threw my jacket over my shoulder and skipped up the stairs. "Babe!" I yelled out.

"Im in the office!"

"Why are you in here? You Shoul-" my jaw dropped once i seen what she was wearing. We matched, but she was wearing a black silk dress with an expensive diamond necklace that will eventually end up tangled in her jewelry drawer by the end of the night, guaranteed. "Damn." I huffed.

She shot me a soft smile and brushed a few strands of hair behind her ear with the tips of her fingers. "Do i look okay? I feel like shit"

"Does Rihanna go to billboards?" I asked.

She furrowed her brows and slowly wrapped her arms around my waist, her hand sliding across my sides until her arms locked. "Probably" she shrugged.

"Well, if she doesn't then i bet you'll be the prettiest one there tonight" i chuckled causing her to look up at me and playfully roll her eyes. "And if she is then you'll be the runner up for sure"

"I respect that" she said softly followed by a very faint chuckle.

"Holy shit, i just got a laugh and a smile?" I chuckled, followed by a kiss on the head. I carefully began to walk forward with V still clinging to my body. I sat down in the computer chair and pulled her down to my lap, where she soon rested her head against my shoulder. "Talk to me" i said softly. "You've said at least 25 words within the past 48 hours"

She nodded her head against the crook of my neck and kicked her legs up on my thigh. "No, i just got my makeup done."

" can we talk later?" I frowned while holding her close to me.

"YO YO Y-" I swear jess stopped so hard on his feet it looked like he hit a glass wall. He stared between us for a second and then slowly backed away. Obviously getting the hint.

V let out a huff followed by a small grin. " we should probably get everything ready to go so we're not late."

"Yeah you're right, everyone we get close to eventually becomes as dysfunctional as us" I giggled.
________

*bzzz bzzzz*

"Hey where are you?" Lauren asked.

I looked around and scratched the back of my neck with my free hand while V clung to my side. "Uhhh we're walking around to the carpet entry i think"