-eight-

I woke up in a pool of sweat.

It took me a minute to realize that it was only a dream. But it seemed so damn real. If anything it felt like deja vu. 

I let out a sigh of frustration. Why was this happening to me? Why was I letting him get to me like this? Was he even thinking of me? 

I knew I wasn't falling asleep again anytime soon so I got up and walked into my kitchen to make some tea. 

I started boiling a kettle of water on the stove and grabbed a package of tea from the cupboard. I let my mind wander as I waited for the water to be done. 

Everything felt so familiar in the dream. So real. So right. It was so damn weird. 

"You brought that spark back in my life. I started playing guitar again. Relentlessly, even. I started writing songs again. Lots of them. Almost every day. Melina, I think you saved me in a way. I can't really explain it and I'm so sorry for everything. I'm also really sorry for that whole Michael thing, I shouldn't have left you. I'm so stupid. I finally had you and then I ended up losing you again. If we never talk again or have a real connection again after tonight, then that is all up to you. But I needed to do this. I needed one last time alone with you. And I wrote a song a few days ago about well, us. Can I play it for you?"

This felt like a dream. Like one big crazy dream. I cleared my throat, afraid my voice would crack. "Please do" I smiled a small smile of encouragement. He smiled back and picked up his guitar.

"Puke stains and cigarettes
The party is in my pocket

I'm looking for a drink
And a couch to call my own
Give me a bump and I will crawl
And whisper dirty lies
The rapture in your ear
And we'll both be terrified

Bloodshot eyes and you're peppermint
We can roll like dogs from the devil
Gimme one last try for your love tonight
I'll be the king forever
And you can be my sunshine-"

The sound of the tea kettle whistling obnoxiously ripped me from my thoughts. I turned off the stove and grabbed the tea kettle off of it. 

I grabbed my favorite Sex Pistols mug and poured the water into it and added a peppermint tea bag. I sat down on my couch and turned on the tv. I put on some documentary on Netflix but didn't pay attention to it. 

All I could think about was Billie Joe. 

I was going insane. 

Well maybe not going. I kinda figured I already was insane. 

It was maybe an hour later when Luke came stumbling into my apartment. It amazed me that he still had the key to my place. I like him and all, but the amount of alcohol he consumes is concerning. 

"Heeeey baby," Luke slurred as he closed the door and came over to the couch. "why are you still awake?"

"Had a bad dream" I mumbled, sipping my tea. 

"Awe Mel, I'm sorry. Wanna cuddle?" he asked, giving me his best puppy dog eyes making me laugh. 

"Yeah sure why not?" I smiled up at him. 

We walked into my room and Luke stripped down to his boxers. I got into my bed and felt Luke crawl in behind me and spoon me. 

"Oh I forgot to tell you, me and the guys are going on tour." I could tell he was smiling like a goof. 

"That's awesome babe, where are you guys touring?" I asked, yawning in the process. I was so comfortable that I was starting to drift off to sleep. 

"The UK and Europe. I got everything set up so you can come to a few shows in England and see what it's like." 

Oh shit.

"And I really think you're gonna like the band we're touring with. I don't know if you've heard of them but they're called SWMRS and they are fucking awesome." 

Oh fucking shit. 

So much for me being able to fall back asleep.

"That sounds wonderful babe" I spoke up. 

"Right? We're going to have so much fun!" he cheered.

Just kill me now.

. . .

A/N: Hello lovelies!!! 

I'm sorry for the slow update and that it is short but I figured I should give you guys something seeing as I will be gone at a wedding in Ottawa this weekend and don't know if I'll have time or wifi to update then!

Also, for anyone that has been reaching out to me about my personal issues right now: I am now in a safe environment and working a full time job. I'm figuring things out day by day but things are definitely looking up for me.

Oh and I turned 21 like two days ago so now I can run away to Vegas and get fucked up. I'm pretty excited.

Thanks for reading loves! I can't believe we're already approaching 3k! See ya in the next chapter :)

Rage & Love ~