-ten-

The drive back to my apartment was rather interesting to say the least.

"How the hell do you deal with this traffic? It's unbearable!" Billie Joe sighed in frustration making me laugh.

"I don't drive here, I'm not that insane." I replied.

"So you just keep your car but don't drive it, at all?" Billie asked in confusion.

"Sometimes I take him out. Only if I'm going out of the city for like road trips or something. But that doesn't happen often, so I keep him in a garage." 

"Isn't that really expensive? Why not just sell your car?" he asked as he finally was able to turn onto another, less busy street.

"Because my car is my baby! Why would I ever give that away? And I got a pretty cheap deal at the garage because the owner is basically in love with my car." I smiled proudly making him laugh. 

"I forgot how obsessed with your car you were, my bad" he smirked.

It kinda freaked me out just how easily Billie Joe and I fell into easy conversation. It was too easy and it scared me. Were we supposed to ever talk about our breakup? Couldn't he attempt to put my mind at ease that he never slept with my aunt? Was I supposed to apologize more?

I wanted to ask him why he stopped teaching. How he came up with the concept of American Idiot. How him, Joey, and Jakob were doing. But I felt as if it wasn't my place to say anything or ask him anything. He wasn't mine anymore. I made that decision.

"Do I need to kiss you again?" Billie Joe asked suddenly.

"What?" I laughed in surprise.

"You're making that face you make when you're overthinking something. And every time I would kiss you, it would stop. So, do I need to kiss you again?" he replied.

I was definitely blushing at this point. How could he be so blunt and calm about what he just said?

"I don't think that's appropriate" I mumbled.

"Oh? And why's that?" Billie looked over at me, we were maybe five minutes away from my apartment.

"Because I have a boyfriend" I replied but it came out more as a question rather than a statement.

His smile dropped at that. "Really? That little piece of shit is your boyfriend still?"

"Okay easy there tiger," I rolled my eyes at him. "he's really not that bad of a guy. You don't even know him!" 

"Do you?" he asked.

"Well yeah, of course I do." I looked at him confused.

He opened his mouth to say something but closed it immediately. "Alright, forget I said anything."

What the hell?

Before I knew it, we were at my apartment. "Thanks again for driving me home Billie." I forced a small smile.

"Well it's not really like I gave you any other options, right?" he joked, making me laugh slightly.

"Uhm, well. Uh. Do you want to come in?" I asked.

He smirked slightly at my nervous state. "Yeah, I'd like that" 

We both got out of his car and I lead him up the stairs to my apartment. 

Once we were inside, I looked at the elevator nervously. I wasn't about to make Billie Joe walk up four flights of stairs, but was having a panic attack in front of him wasn't on my to-do list either.