-twenty six-

I'll be honest, with all that has transpired in the last couple of days from getting back together with Billie Joe and finding out I have a brother. To the point where I forgot about Luke's existence for a while. 

"Any chance we can go outside and talk?" he asked. 

I looked over at Ashley and she nodded. "Yeah go ahead you two, we're not busy right now anyway" 

Sometimes I love Ashley. But this is not one of those times.

"Great" I said sarcastically, to which no one picked up on. 

Luke led me outside and we walked around the corner. Luke leaned against the wall and looked at me expectantly. I just shot him a blank stare and he let out a small sigh.

"I haven't seen or heard from you in a while. Thought you died or something." he spoke up.

"Well you know where I live. And a lot has happened in my life in the last few days." I said vaguely. 

He raised an eyebrow at my response. "Like what?" 

"Well. I found out I have a little brother. And I've been swamped with work and the play and stuff" I replied mostly honest. I had to remind myself that I was ending whatever this whole thing was with Luke and that he didn't really need to know much about my life anymore. 

His eyes widened a little at my answer. "You have a brother? That's great" he smiled making me smile back.

"Yeah, he's pretty great." 

And then we fell into a silence. Not necessarily a comfortable one either. It was obvious that neither one of us knew what to say. 

"I'm really sorry for scaring you, Melina. I didn't mean to get that drunk. The guys are also telling me that I did some really messed up stuff. Stuff you can probably never forgive me for. But I wanted to try anyway. You mean a lot to me and I fucked up hard. I'm so sorry." Luke spoke softly.

He was making this a little too easy for me. God, I'm a bitch.

"I can forgive you Luke but it will be hard to forget. I'm sorry but I don't think I can see you like that anymore" I implied our friends with benefits relationship. 

His eyes widened slightly. He went to say something but nothing came out. Luke then nodded and said "I understand. You're too good for me anyway" 

I shook my head with a sad laugh. "No, please don't think like that. It's just that I have a lot going on here in New York. And you're leaving for England soon and going to travel all of Europe with your band. That, and you want more from me. You want me to meet your family, live with you, and I just can't commit to that. I'm really sorry Luke." 

He stood there for a while in silence, only making me feel worse and worse. "I get it, Mel. Thanks for being honest with me, love." he smiled sadly. 

I pulled him in for a hug and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you for being in my life Luke" 

We both pulled away and his smile looked less sad. "Well I should probably let you get back to work." 

I nodded, completely forgetting where I was. "Right. Well I'll see ya around." 

He waved at me as I was walking away. That went a little easier than I thought it would. And yet, I was still paranoid. 

He's not like Michael. He's not like Michael.

. . .

The rest of my shift had gone by without a hitch. And the tips were phenomenal. 

I had just gotten off of the phone with Billie Joe and he had told me to meet him at Jungle City Studios. I was confused at first but him putting Cody on the phone and getting him to tell me to hurry up was very convincing. 

Once I got there, I didn't have to walk very far because Billie Joe was outside waiting for me. I smiled at him and he smiled back a little wider. 

"He- oh my god" I let out a squeal as Billie Joe picked me up and spun me around, laughing along with me.

He set me down and kissed me softly. "What's gotten into you?" I asked with a smile.

"You gotta come see this."  he took my hand and lead me inside the studio. He started walking faster and before I knew it we were running down the halls hand in hand.

"Billie, I'm not that very fit of a person. I'm gonna pass out" I joked, but not really cause I was panting slightly. 

"Almost there babe" and he was right cause two minutes later we were entering a studio. 

We walked in to find Mike, Tre, Jason, and Cody all rocking out. There was another guy with sorta long black hair playing an acoustic guitar and another guy who was bald and wearing a fedora, playing a harmonica. 

I couldn't help but smile. "What the hell?" 

Billie Joe picked up his guitar. The blue one covered in a million stickers that I remember seeing from years ago. "Watch this" he kissed my cheek and walked over to everyone. I took a seat on the couch and watched everyone play.

"C'mon Cody, let's show Melina the new song you learned" Billie Joe smiled down at Cody.

"Hell yeah!" Cody exclaimed making everyone cheer and me roll my eyes with a laugh.

Billie Joe started off the song and signaled for Cody to start singing.

"I wanna be the minority! I don't need your authority!

Down with the moral majority cause I wanna be the minority" 

The band kept playing the rest of the song and it sounded like it was wrapping up.

"One light, one mind, flashing in the dark" Billie sang.

"Blinded by the silence of a thousand broken hearts" Cody sang back. The two were sharing a microphone, Billie Joe still playing the guitar but on his knees. 

"'For crying out loud' she screams unto me,

A free for all..."

"FUCK 'EM ALL" Cody sang loudly. 

"You are your own sight" Billie sang through his laughter.

My jaw had dropped. I wanted to laugh and kill Billie Joe at the same time. 

They finished up the song and everyone was high-fiving Cody and hugging him. I couldn't keep the huge smile off of my face.

This is my family.

. . .

A/N: HEEEEEEEEEEEYYYOOOOOOOO!

Wellp, this chapter was a bit of a wreck but I wanted to update this book at least one more time before Christmas because I probably won't be able to update until the new year. Sorry :( But I hope you guys consider this chapter my gift to you (mainly cause I'm cheap, whoops lol).

But anyway loves, thank you so much for reading. Thank you for your comments, votes, and sticking with this book. It really means the world to me <3

Oh and Merry Christmas, Happy Hannakkuh, Kwanzaa, and holidays you babes! See ya in the next chapter :)

Rage & Love ~