-twenty nine-

It was now Friday night and Billie Joe had told me that tonight was 'date night'. The guys were coming over to babysit Cody in a little under an hour. So here I was getting ready in my bathroom. 

The last real date I went on was in high school. Luke never really took me on dates. Well, maybe he thought they were dates but I surely didn't.

Everything was going really well in my life right now. And usually right now would be the time that I get nervous about all of that and wait for something bad to happen. 

But everything is actually.. fine.  Rehearsals have gotten easier. Cody's enrolled into school and loves it. And the guys come over for dinner at least once a week and we all hang out and have drinks and usually watch a movie of Cody's choosing; he's developing a really good taste in movies. 

I was broken from my thoughts when I heard a loud crash coming from the living room making me jump. 

"Tre seriously man, what the fuck?" I heard Billie Joe yell.

"Don't listen to that Melina! Nothing weird is going on out here!" Tre yelled louder.

I shook my head with a laugh. Idiots.

Looking in the mirror one last time, I fixed up my hair, checked my makeup, and fixed my outfit, before I walked out of the bathroom. I walked over to my side table in my room and grabbed my purse, making sure my wallet and phone were in there. Once I had everything, and sprayed on my perfume that was Billie's favourite, I walked out into the main room. 

The sound of my heels clicking on the floor caught everyone's attention, as they all turned to look at me. I earned some wolf whistles from the guys and Billie Joe looked actually speechless. 

Feeling bold with this new fond confidence I did a little slow spin. "Do you like it?" I asked, batting my eyelashes at him. Mike stifled a laugh at my teasing. 

Billie Joe gulped before taking my hand, pulling me closer to him and kissed me. "You look beautiful" he smiled, making me blush. 

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEE" all the guys said in unison. I blushed even harder and nuzzled my face between Billie Joe's neck and shoulder to hide, making him laugh and grip me a little tighter. 

"We better get going, our ride's here" Billie Joe murmured to me.

"Our ride?" I asked, pulling away from him with raised eyebrows. He just nodded at me with a grin. 

"Alright kids, mom and I will be back late. Food's in the fridge. Make good choices!" Billie Joe smirked at the guys. In response, they all just gave him the middle finger. 

"They grow up so fast" I pretended to wipe away a tear from my eye. 

"Have fun doing it in a cab you weirdos" Jeff spoke up.

"Doing what?" Cody asked, turning away from the movie and looking at us.

Tre cleared his throat. "Well when a girl and a boy like each other very much they-" thank God, or well Mike that Tre didn't get to finish his sentence because Mike chucked a pillow at Tre, making him fall off the couch with a loud thud. 

"Well on that note, time to go!" Billie Joe chuckled as he opened the door for me and we took off down the stairs and outside. 

When we got outside, there was a limo waiting for us. I looked at Billie Joe in confusion. He just laughed. "What? I can't spoil my girl?" he grinned. 

"You can spoil me by letting me sleep in every now and then. It's less expensive." I replied making him roll his eyes with a smile.

"Just get in the limo Melina, I know you want to." Billie ushered me in once the driver opened the door. 

"Well damn, it's like going to prom or some shit." I laughed. 

"You didn't go to prom, did you?" Billie Joe asked as we were settled in and took off. 

I shook my head. "It was pointless. Besides, the guy I wanted to go with wouldn't have been able to go. Could've lost his job." I smirked.

"Honestly, you are worth so much more than that job. I wish I would've just stayed with you. The last three years without you were hell." Billie Joe sighed, looking down at his hands. 

I titled his head up by placing my finger underneath his chin. "Everything happens for a reason; or however that cliche goes. There's no point dwelling on it now, we're together aren't we?" I asked with a small smile.

He pulled me into him and wrapped his arm around me. "We are. And I couldn't be happier." he smiled as he ran his hand over the spot where I have my tattoo for him. It's something he tends to do a lot lately, he has the spot memorized and everything.

The rest of the drive went smoothly. Billie Joe had poured champagne and we were already finishing up our second glasses. 

The limo came to a stop and the driver had let us know that we were here. Billie Joe handed him some cash and asked him to be back in an hour or so. We got out and the driver took off. 

Billie Joe took my hand in his as we walked- well, I had no idea where we were going. 

"Okay, so I know you've lived here the better part of your life and everything and have probably seen everything but I thought this looked cool and figured you'd enjoy it too" he smiled as he pointed at the sign that read 'New York City Helicopter Tours'.

My jaw dropped. "Billie Joe, you're insane." 

"You don't like it?" he asked softly. 

I kissed him, making him relax. "I love it. I've never done this before." 

He smiled. "Well what are we waiting for?" 

. . .

A/N: Hey hi hello. Sorry this is literally just a filler and a shit ton of fluff.

I'm sick af and pretty much dying so why not update right? Right.

Anyway the next chapter should be up in a few days since I finally have my motivation back. I really think you're gonna like it cause it's gonna be hella cute. 

Thanks for reading babes and have a good day/night/week/life!

Rage & Love ~