-thirty-

I was absolutely blown away by the sight of New York City at night on a normal day. But seeing it up from the comfort of Billie Joe's arms in a helicopter was amazing and indescribable.

"You haven't said a word Mel. Everything alright?" Billie asked as he rubbed my thumb with his finger. 

I looked over at Billie Joe and he looked so nervous. It made me sad and a little curious. 

"Everything is better than alright, babe. This is amazing. I've never seen New York like this, sorry that I'm not really talking" I blushed at the end of my little rant, making him smile.

"Oh thank god" he chuckled making me shake my head with a smile. 

We had spent nearly an hour up in the air before the pilot had told us that we were going back down. I tensed up as I felt the helicopter lower down. 

This didn't go unnoticed by Billie Joe. "You okay?" 

"Y-yeah," I spoke, my voice shaking slightly. He wasn't convinced and the look on his face showed it. "okay maybe not. I've never been good with planes. I always worry about crashing and shit like that" 

Billie's grip tightened around me. "Everything's gonna be okay baby. We're almost on the ground. Take a look." he encouraged me. 

I looked up at him and his gaze was soft and comforting. I finally looked over my shoulder and noticed we were about to touch the ground. I bit down on my lip to keep the squeak that was threatening to leave my lips. 

After what felt like forever, we finally touched the ground making me let out a sigh of relief and lay my head back on Billie Joe's shoulder, making him laugh. 

"See? We're alive." Billie Joe teased making me turn to look at him.

"Oh fuck you, Billie Joe." I rolled my eyes. 

"Not here baby, we're not giving anyone a free show" he winked, making me slap his chest.

. . .

Our limo driver had come back to pick us up and had driven us to an amazing restaurant that I would never dream of going to. It looked like it cost more than my net worth. Times five. 

We walked up towards the restaurant and I took in all of my surroundings in awe. 

"You ever eaten here before?" Billie Joe asked. 

I gave him a look that read 'are you fucking kidding me?' making him laugh very hard. 

"I'm just teasing baby. Let me treat you." Billie Joe said as he lead me into the restaurant. 

My eyes widened. "Hell no, Billie. I can pay for my own meal." 

"I know you can. I just don't want you to. You do so much for me. The guys. Cody. Everyone. Let me do this for you" he kissed my cheek, making me smile like an idiot. 

"Okay" I sighed making him shake his head with a smile. 

We were seated in a matter of minutes and of course as the cliche goes, our waitress flirted with Billie Joe like there was no tomorrow. 

Oh great.

"Can I get you something to drink, handsome?" she asked him with a smile.

"I'll get a Stella. Babe what would you like?" Billie Joe looked at me making me grin slightly. 

"Stella sounds great." 

"Just a Stella? You got it." she pretended to scribble it down and walked away.