-nine-

Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that night.

How did I manage to have the worst luck in the world? Leave it to Luke and the boys of The Struts to be touring with SWMRS. There's so many damn bands in the world and they just HAD to pick SWMRS.

This could not be happening.

Luke passed out pretty much instantly. His snores filled the room. 

Eventually I did fall asleep for a bit. But of course that didn't last too long because I had a nightmare about Joey. 

"What do you wanna do with your life?" Joey asked me, making me laugh.

"Could you ask me anything more cliche?" I asked making him pull me closer.

"I'm serious! You know what I want to do with my life and I know what things you like but, I don't know, what do you want to do?" 

"If I had it my way, I'd be Wes Craven."  I smiled.

"Who is that?" Joey asked, he had titled his head to the side a bit and he looked like a confused little puppy. It was adorable as hell.

"Only like the best director ever! And he didn't even go to film school." I smiled making him laugh at my enthusiasm. 

"Melina, I think I love you." he blurted out, making me look up at him in shock.

"You do?" I smiled.

"Yeah. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me." he smiled back. I went to kiss him but suddenly.

BANG! BANG!

Before I knew it, Joey laid dead in my lap, making me scream. I heard the gun load, and looked up to see Billie Joe.

"More like the worst thing." he smirked. 

"Why are you doing this?" I cried. 

"You know who you belong to. You're only hurting every other guy you try to be with cause let's face it, you'll never truly love any of them. You love me." 

BANG!

My eyes shot open and it took me a while to get my breathing back in order. 

I laid in bed thinking about everything that could possibly go wrong on this tour. I could just tell Luke I don't want to go. Make up an excuse about the play. He'd never know. But that guilt would eat me up and maybe spending two or three days in England wouldn't be so bad, right?

After a while I looked at the clock on my night stand. 4:09 am.

Fucking lovely. 

. . .

So anyone in their right mind could have guessed that I was an absolute mess at rehearsals the next day. 

I had shown up nearly twenty minutes late because I missed my stop and had to re-route. I fucked up a few chords on the songs I was learning and was getting self conscious about my singing voice. All of this earned me disapproving looks and eye rolls from Billie Joe.

Awesome.

"Alright everyone, TAKE FIVE!!" Tre shouted. "I've always wanted to say that" he added with a giggle.

I walked off to the side of the stage towards my bag and grabbed my water bottle. I was trying to calm myself down when two girls came up to me. I looked up and it was Tracey and Jordan, better known as the two girls that can't keep their ugly ass paws off of Billie Joe.