-two-

I just stared at him, not sure what to say. I was too afraid I'd say something stupid. It was typical for me to do. Hence the reason we were in this mess.

He let out a sigh at this. "Please say something. Anything. Even if it's just a simple 'fuck you, Billie Joe' that's fine. I just. I need to hear your voice." he spoke, well, practically begged. He had moved a bit closer to me, I could sense it.

I let out a shaky breath. "Fuck you, Billie Joe." I said softly. 

He smiled slightly at me and walked toward me, very slowly. As if he was afraid I would run away. 

Even if I wanted to, I couldn't. He had me stuck in some sort of trance. 

"Come on Melina. Say it like you mean it." he chuckled slightly.

I tried not to smile but failed. "Fuck you, Billie Joe" 

"Okay, better. But one more time... with feeling" he winked, making me laugh a little harder than I thought I would.

"Fuck you, Billie Joe!" I raised my voice. 

"Ahhh there we go! There she is" he grinned. 

I smiled back at him, but then it faltered. A bunch of memories started to hit me again.

Like the first time we kissed. 

"And what do you think you're doing?" he asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Listening to The Doors?" I replied with a questioning tone. I swear his eyes lit up at my answer. 

"You can't listen to music in detention." he stated, but it didn't sound authoritative at all.  

"And why not? Don't you want to listen to it too?" I asked with a smile. And for the first time, he smiled at me.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt" he admitted. I unplugged my headphones and blasted the music off of my phone. And for the first time I felt comfortable in the presence of Mr Armstrong.

We sat there, him reading, me drawing, both humming along to the song playing. "Do you sing, Miss Garcia?" Mr Armstrong asked suddenly.

"Uhh, a little" I mumbled, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Oh there is no way little Miss Garcia just went all shy on me." Mr Armstrong smirked at me, making me blush even more.

"My name is Melina, y'know." I huffed, trying to change the subject.

"And my name's Billie Joe. What is your point, Miss Garcia?" Mr Armstrong asked, getting up from his desk and walked over in front of the desk I was occupying.

"My point is stop calling me Miss Garcia, Billie Joe" I mustered up the confidence which seemed to surprise him a little.

"It's Mr Armstrong to you, Melina" he spoke authoritative to me, his face was now inches away from mine.

"Yes, sir" I purred at him, biting my lip 'innocently' in the process.

And before I knew it, his lips were on mine.

"Melina?" 

"Uhm, I should get going. I have to go to work in a couple hours" I lied. I asked for the next two nights off. I needed a bit of a break. And right now, I really needed to get away from Billie Joe cause all I was thinking about right now was kissing the hell out of him and apologizing for everything I did and every awful thing I said. 

But this wasn't a silly and dramatic romance movie. This was not the right time to do that. And even if it was, I had no idea what the hell to say to him. And it looked like he knew that too, judging by the way he was looking at me.

"Oh. Well then don't let me keep you" he forced a small smile and it broke my heart. 

"Right. Well, I guess I'll see you around" I tried to smile at him but knowing me, I failed miserably. 

I began walking away when I heard him speak up.

"Y'know there's no guessing involved in this right?" 

I turned to look at him and shot him a funny look. "What do you mean?" 

"Are you really going to make me spell it out for you?" he asked. I just stared at him. He rolled his eyes at this. "It's been three damn years and we manage to run into each other in one of the biggest cities in the world. Not just in America, in the whole fucking world! Don't you get it?" 

"Since when did you believe in fate, Billie?" I asked.

"Since the moment I heard you singing my lyrics." he answered immediately.

"Please don't" I sighed, running my hand through my hair anxiously. 

"It's true. I know you feel it. You cried. You knew that song was about you!" he raised his voice. 

"It could have been about anyone! Three years is enough time for you to meet someone else." I replied, not believing any of the words coming out of my mouth.

He looked at me in disbelief and laughed dryly. "You're absolutely ridiculous and I swear-" he was cut off by his phone going off. He checked it and sighed in frustration. "I have to get back in there. But this is far from over." the look in his eyes scared and excited me all at once. 

He walked back inside the building, not before shooting me once last look. 

What the hell was I getting myself into?

. . .

A/N: Well alrighty then, that was a little intense and depressing. 

I'll try to make the next chapter funny but no promises. I'm not really that funny. Nope.

Well let me know what you think babes! I can't believe how much feedback I got on the first chapter already! It hasn't even been up for a full day yet. You're all incredible <3

Thanks for reading and have a good day/week/life!

Rage & Love ~