-thirty eight-

After the first successful performance of American Idiot, Billie Joe took it on himself to host an after party style celebration at our house. I had to admit I was a little worried about having a bunch of drunk people around Cody so I reminded myself not to get too drunk, and keep on eye on him. 

The house was fairly packed. The music was pumping and the drinks were flowing. I was on my first and only, sipping it every now and then, wanting it to last. Lyn-Z caught sight of me and shook her head with a laugh.

"You can get drunk tonight Mel, you've earned it." she smiled. 

"Yeah but I need to keep an eye on my brother." I smiled back, looking over to see Cody sitting on Gerard's lap, the two of them reading a comic book. Apparently Gerard has been writing and publishing them for years now. Safe to say, Cody took a liking to him immediately. 

"Trust me, he's in good hands. You can let loose a little, Gee and I can take care of Cody for you" Lyn-Z offered. 

"I can't ask that of you" I replied, feeling guilty immediately. 

"You're not silly, I'm offering" Lyn-Z winked making me laugh at her sweetness.

"You're an angel" I smiled, pulling her in for a hug. 

"Don't mention it," Lyn-Z grinned as she pulled away. "now off you go, go find your man" she winked, making me roll my eyes with a smile. 

"You're the best" I grinned, making my way over to the kitchen to fill up my glass of wine, since I was allowed to relax tonight. 

"Hey Mel there you are!" I turned around to find Mike and Tre grabbing themselves some drinks as well. 

"Here I am" I laughed as I held up my now full glass for the guys to 'cheers'. They didn't disappoint. 

"You did amazing tonight, by the way" Mike smiled, Tre nodding in agreement.

"Thanks you guys, that really means a lot. I had so much fun with it" I smiled, taking a drink from my red wine.

"Oh we could tell," Tre winked making me laugh. "so that means you're looking forward to the rest of the shows" 

"Uhm of course," I winked making the boys laugh. "but seriously, where's the third stooge?" I asked, pointing between them.

"Probably in the band room with Brendon. They were bonding over music earlier." Mike spoke up. 

"Then why the hell didn't he invite us with him? It's not like we haven't been a band for the better part of our lives or anything!" Tre cried out dramatically, making his way to the band room. Mike and I laughed at his outburst but followed along. 

. . .

Tre had opened the door to the band room and promptly slammed it right in my face. 

"Uhm..." I said out loud making Mike shake his head, trying not to laugh. 

Almost as if on cue, Tre opened the door wide open and looked at me in shock. "I am SO sorry my love, come here" Tre said as he pulled me into the room and into one of his signature bear hugs, making me laugh. 

"Tre you almost made me spill my wine" I pouted as I pulled away from the hug.

"I love how THAT'S what you're upset about. Like you totally weren't gonna cry out there in the hallway cause you got a door slammed in your face." Mike smirked making the guys laugh.

"Traitor" I playfully glared at Mike making him laugh and give me a side hug, then going off to find his bass that he left at our place. 

I saw Billie Joe toying with his amp so I walked over to sit on the couch right next to it. He looked up at me with a grin and kissed me immediately.