-eighteen-

When my shift was over, Billie Joe, Mike, and Tre were definitely way passed buzz. So I called them an Uber. 

"Where are you guys headed?" I asked.

"Who says the party has to end?! Let's go back to your place!" Mike exclaimed, knocking over a plate in the process. 

"Oh I know you're not hitting on my woman right in front of me" Tre sassed, making me shake my head trying not to laugh.

"Oh shit," Mike laughed. "I didn't mean it like that but she's not your woman Tre" 

Tre let out a loud gasp at what Mike said. "How can you say that?!" 

"Isn't it obvious? Billie Joe can't keep his eyes off of her" Mike blurted out, his eyes widening slightly after.

Don't blush Melina. Don't blush.

"Well, looks like your ride is here." I said, checking my phone when it buzzed that their Uber had arrived. 

"You're not coming with us?" Tre asked with a pout on his face. He nudged Mike to make the same look. 

"I really should be getting home" I lied. I just didn't want to be around Billie Joe for much longer. And I knew he felt the same. 

"Oh come on Melina, the night's young" Billie Joe smirked. What the hell?

Mike and Tre were offering to help one of my co-workers clean up the mess Mike had made. I gave Billie Joe a weird look to which he just shrugged his shoulders. "They like you." he said nonchalantly. 

"Yeah but you don't." I pointed out. 

"You're right. I lo-"

"Melina?" I turned to see Ashley standing near the door. "Your Uber's here!" 

I thanked her and I left work with Billie Joe, Mike, and Tre. But not before making eye contact with Ashley. She made some interesting gestures and mouthed the words "you're so getting laid". 

"You guys know where we should go? White Castle!" Tre beamed. 

"Yeah, no we're not doing that" Billie Joe replied making Tre sigh over dramatically. 

"Fiiiiiiiiiine" Tre groaned like a kid, making Mike and I snicker. 

They all piled into the car, Mike in the front seat, Tre and Billie Joe in the back. 

Billie Joe gave me a funny look and then gestured for me to get into the car. I sighed but walked towards the car anyway. 

Billie Joe got out of the car and ushered me in. 

"You mean I have to sit on the hump?" I whined jokingly. 

"Yeah because you're shorter than I am" he said smugly. 

"Barely" I muttered walking past him to get in. I yelped in surprise when he smacked my ass. What had gotten into him? I thought he was mad at me. I thought things between us would be nothing but awkward. 

Maybe it was because he was with his friends. Or maybe it was the alcohol. Either way, I was confused yet grateful.

. . .

We had gotten back to Billie Joe's apartment in one piece. Mike had passed out as soon as he sat on one of the couches and all Tre wanted to do was watch movies. 

"You're joking right?" Billie Joe glared as Tre put on the movie of his choosing. 

"What's wrong with Ferris Bueller's Day Off?" I asked, confused as hell. I love this movie!

"Nothing... unless you're forced to watch it every day of your life" Billie Joe snarled jokingly at Tre causing Tre to roll his eyes.

"This movie is an important part of cinematic history so appreciate it and shut the fuck up." Tre sassed, turning around and directing his attention to the tv.

I had to bite my tongue in order not to laugh too hard and loud. Billie Joe had noticed anyway.

"Y'know laughing only encourages him and we don't need that." he stated. 

"Well, I mean, he has a point." I smirked.

"Oh god here we go again," I stared at him in confusion. "I got to admit though, he's worse than you are when it comes to movies. At least you had a bit of a variety. Tre watches the same movie over and over for like a week AND quotes the whole damn thing." 

"Movies are important, okay?" I defended Tre, causing Tre to raise his hand behind him signalling me to high five him. I did. Billie Joe just sighed in defeat. 

An hour later, Tre was in his own little world, only paying attention to the movie. Billie Joe had taken pretty much that whole hour to not-so-discreetly scoot closer to me on the couch. In that moment, I sort of just thought "fuck it" and rested my head on his shoulder, to which he wrapped his arm around me. 

"I could do this every day" he murmured in my ear.

"What? Watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off?" I joked, looking up at him. 

He rolled his eyes with a soft smile. "God no. I meant, be with you. Like this. Like we used to." 

I tried to pull away slightly. "Billie Joe..."

"Sorry, I knew I shouldn't have said anything! Just forget it" he stammered. He turned his attention back to the tv. He looked so sad and vulnerable. It made my heart hurt. 

Before I even realized what I was doing, my instincts took over. I leaned in slightly and kissed him on the cheek, then nuzzled his neck, resting my head on his shoulder. He relaxed at this and pulled me closer.

And that moment was when I realized that this was the exact place I was supposed to be. 

. . .

A/N: WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?! IT GOT SO WEIRD SO FAST.

Well, I finished work like an hour ago and figured I'd update before I sleep the day away. I hope you guys like this chapter, I personally did cause Green Bae. 

Green Bae. That was horrible. 

Anyway, let me know what you think? Your comments make my day :)

Thanks for reading and have a good day/night/week/life! 

Rage & Love ~