-seventeen-

I made my way into Luke's hospital room and nearly had my breath taken away by the sight.

He looked like he was practically dead. His eyes still looked a little bloodshot. It looked like it was taking all of his strength to tilt his head up and look at me. 

'He did this to himself,' I reminded myself. 'it was self inflicted alcohol poisoning, he's not dying of cancer.'

Regardless, there was no way in hell I could just be like "Hey Luke by the way, we shouldn't be friends with benefits anymore. It's not you it's me." 

Jesus Christ Pose, this is not going to end well. 

"Melina?" Luke rasped. Damn, he looked and sounded like he was dying. How lovely.

"Hi Luke" I replied timidly, walking to the side of his bed. 

"Where did you go?" he asked, sitting up a bit and wincing slightly. 

"I just went for some fresh air" I lied through my teeth with a small smile.

"Oh. Well, I guess I really was pretty messed up, huh?" he chuckled.

"Luke, it's not funny." I scowled him. 

"Oh Mel, this happens to people all the time." Luke sighed. He was acting like a child getting in trouble from his parents. How could he not take this seriously?! He could have died! 

I rolled my eyes. "Well, good to know you're alive I guess. I'm gonna go now." I headed for the door.

"Babe, wait!" Luke called for me to come back.

I didn't.

. . .

I don't know, maybe I was overreacting. I could have handled that situation better. 

But alas, here I was at work, sulking and overthinking what had happened.

"Melina, you look like hell." Ashley spoke up as she came to stand next to me as I stocked up the pint glasses. 

"Yeah? I just got back." I muttered.

"What?" Ashley asked. 

"Nevermind. Just got a lot going on I guess." I sighed.

"Well, when your down being all sad and whatever, there's three guys waiting for you to serve them at table five." 

"Can't you just deal with them?" I rolled my eyes.

"Oh believe me, I'd love to. But it's that hot guy that came here last time looking for you. And he brought some hot friends with him. You lucky bitch." Ashley smirked. 

Her words caught me off guard and before I realized it, I had dropped a pint glass, causing it to shatter on the floor. 

"Shit!" 

"Melina, are you okay?" Ashley asked, her smirk dropped and she looked concerned. 

"Uhm, yea I'm fine. Butter fingers." I let out a fake laugh. I went to grab the broom but Ashley stepped in front of me. 

"You sure? You can tell me anything." Ashley smiled. 

I nodded meekly. "I'm sure, but thank you" 

"Alright, well you go see the table of hotties and I'll take care of this." she motioned towards the mess of glass on the ground.

I rolled my eyes with a smile. "You're the best, Ash" 

"Don't I know it" she winked as I walked off. 

I fluffed up my hair a bit, fixed my clothes and walked towards the table Billie Joe and his friends were sitting at. 

I really wish I would have convinced Ashley a little harder to serve them.

Tre was the first one to notice me. "Oh my god, you work here?! Now I know why Billie Joe wanted us to come here!" he beamed. 

I tried to look like what Tre had said didn't phase me at all. "Is that so?" I looked at Billie Joe. 

His eyes met mine and his cheeks had a pink tint to them. He cleared his throat "Well we were just walking by, why not get a drink?" 

"Pfft, yeah okay. We passed like five different bars on the way here." Mike added making Tre laugh. Billie Joe was now looking very embarrassed. 

"Aw give him a break. He did the right thing bringing you guys all the way here." I smiled softly, making Billie Joe lift his head back up. 

"Is that so?" Mike asked. 

"Of course. How many places do you know that offer deep fried pickles and your first round of beers on the house?" I beamed, earning smiles from all of them.

"Oh my god, can I marry you?!" Tre asked making me laugh. 

"Well if it doesn't work out between me and Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, Ryan Reynolds, or Jensen Ackles; I'll let you know." I winked causing Mike to let out an "oohhhh" in response. Billie Joe just rolled his eyes.

An hour later, I was nearly done work and was sitting down with Billie Joe, Mike, and Tre. They had finished the deep fried pickles ages ago and were on their fourth round of beers. 

"So Melinaaaaaa my bride to be," Tre giggled making me roll my eyes with a smile. "why weren't you at rehearsals today?" 

"Well Tre, I was told by the director not to come back." 

"What?! I never said that!" Tre exclaimed. He turned to Mike "did I?" 

Mike shook his head with a laugh. "No Tre, and neither did I" 

They both looked over at Billie Joe who looked like a kid who got caught trying to steal a cookie right before dinner. "What?" 

"Don't 'what' us." Mike sassed. I had to bite my tongue hard to refrain from laughing. 

"Why would you tell Melina not to come back? Is it because we're in love?!" Tre cried as he pulled me closer to him, his hand "protectively" on my head. 

Billie Joe shot him an "are you fucking kidding me?" look. These guys were too much.

"No. I uhm. Well, I thought we had enough people to fill all the roles. I didn't know what we would do with her." 

The look on Mike's face said he didn't believe a word Billie Joe said. "She's the perfect person to play Whatsername." 

"I am?" I asked, looking over at Mike. 

"Of course you are!" Mike smiled making me smile back. Tre nodded enthusiastically. 

I looked over to Billie Joe, expecting him to say something. Anything. 

He downed the rest of his beer. "Well, welcome aboard, Whatsername." 

. . .

A/N: AYEEEEEE MELINA GOT THE ROLE OF WHATSERNAME !!!! 

And Tre is in love with her, what a lucky bitch.

Well I hope this chapter makes up for the last one, cause that was shit. I'm sorry.

Thanks for reading and let me know what ya think of this chapter. Have a good day/night/week/life! 

Rage & Love ~