Chapter Twelve

who guessed it was caleb in the previous chapter?(;
i hoped you all liked it!
comment, vote, fan x
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[ twelve ]

***Sabrina's POV***

"Alright, Nash wants me to meet him in the lobby. I'll see you girls later," Kristen said as soon as she dumped her suitcase on the floor.

"We just got here," I laughed.

Kristen shrugged before leaving, and Natalie gave me an apologetic smile.

"Now what?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Cameron wants to meet me by his room?"

"I'll see you later," I sighed, sitting on my bed. Nat smiled and hugged me before running out.

I flopped backwards onto my bed and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Great. Now what am I going to do?

Maybe I should text Taylor? Ugh, I forgot, he's with Shawn, the Jack's, and Aaron. Carter? No, wait. He's with Hayes. Maybe I should text Matt. I haven't talked to him in a couple days.

I pulled out my phone and quickly texted him.

'hey, nat and kris left me and i'm bored. come to my room?'

Matt responded in a couple seconds.

'Sabrina, i'm offended that i'm your second, no wait, third choice, but sure. be there in 5.'

I smiled and clicked off my phone, tossing it onto the bed. I got up and started singing the chorus of Heartbreak Girl by 5 Seconds of Summer, walking around my room aimlessly.

"... And I dedicate this song to you,
The one who never see's the truth,
That I can take away your hurt,
Heartbreak girl,
Hold you tight, straight through the day light,
I'm right here,
When you gunna realize,
That I'm your cure,
Heartbreak girl..."

I quickly spun around when I heard someone clapping. Matt was leaning against the door frame, smirking.

"Nice, Sab."

"Loser."

"I wasn't the one singing, was I?"

"Why did I invite you again?"

"Because you can't resist all this," Matt gestured to himself. I rolled my eyes as he shut the door and walked in.

We sat down on the floor in between the two beds; I leaned back on mine, and Matt leaned back onto Kristen's. I crossed my legs as he stretched his out, slightly bending them because he was so tall.

"So, I-"

I was cut off when Matt's phone started ringing. He looked up, almost asking if it was alright if he answered, and I nodded. He pulled it out of his pocket and answered.

"Hello?" I only could hear his side of he conversation.

"Oh, hey."

"Yeah, I'm just with Sabrina."

"No, you don't have to worry," Matt laughed. Who was he talking to?

"Alright, I'll call you later, bye babe." He said and hung up. Babe?

"Sorry," Matt said, tossing his phone onto the floor.

"It's alright," I said.

"You're not one bit curious to who that was?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. I shrugged.

"Kind of."

"Well, that's not enough for me," Matt smirked. I laughed.

We somehow got into a conversation about dancing, pancakes, and music. I know, random.

I just didn't mind. I could talk to Matt about anything and I wouldn't mind, actually. He was just that kind of person, and we just had that kind of relationship.

Is it a relationship?

Honestly, I don't even know. I don't think of us as 'just friends,' but I don't think of us in a committed relationship. He just... How do I put this into words?

I feel like Matt and I have a special connection. As soon as I met him I opened up to him. I didn't know why at first, but now I do. Maybe I felt a connection without knowing. Maybe I knew I would end up falling for him, or start to, anyway. Maybe I knew he was different. Maybe I was ready to fall for someone again.

But was he ready to catch me?