Chapter Twenty Nine

SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPDATE
comment, vote, fan x
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[ twenty nine ]

***Nash's POV***

"Guys," Shawn said, walking in as he clicked off his phone, "Guess what?"

"What?" Jack Johnson asked.

"We get to leave 10 days early due to some cancellations." We all sighed with relief. Don't get me wrong, I love meeting fans, I just wish I wasn't away from home so long. I'm usually gone for months at a time.

"Hey, where's Sabrina, Cam, and Jack?" Kristen asked, looking around. I tightened my grip around her waist so she didn't fall forwards, considering she was sitting on my lap. The last thing I want to do is drop her and get her pissed.

"I'm not sure," Taylor said. I can't believe he blamed Gilinsky for the bet. Actually, I can't believe Gilinsky took the blame for it.

"Here, I'll find them," I said as Kris got up. I made my way down to the lobby when something caught my eye outside.

*

***Taylor's POV***

Once Nash left, Tobi dragged me out into the hallway with an angry look on her face.

"What?" I chuckled nervously, looking down at her.

"You didn't think I'd find out about the bet, Taylor?" She asked harshly, crossing her arms. Crap.

"Tobi, you-"

"Don't make up excuses. How could you even do that to her? Let alone blame it on someone who had nothing to do with it. Taylor, if this is how you are then I don't think-" I cut her off, not wanting to hear the rest.

"Tobi, I didn't think this would happen. I didn't think I would meet you. I'm completely different now, I promise. I wouldn't do this. It's not worth losing someone over," I said sincerely as she held a blank expression.

"How do you think Jack feels then?" She asked.

"What?"

"You said this isn't worth losing someone over," she shifted her weight onto the other foot. "Jack lost Sabrina."

I remained silent. I didn't think about it that way. Jack did lose Sab. He lost her because of me and my selfish game. I looked back down at Tobi as she let out a sigh, walking back into the room.

I have to fix this.

*

***Nash's POV***

I stepped outside as the cool air made contact with my skin. I walked over and put my hand on his shoulder reassuringly.

"You alright, man?" I asked. He looked out into the busy street and took in a shallow breath.

"Yeah," he muttered. "I need a drink."

I chuckled, "Why?"

"Because hangovers hurt less than heartbreak," Jack said as he met my eyes. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. He tried and tried, yet Sabrina pushed and pushed. She pushed him away.

"I know," I said in an effort to comfort him, "It sucks."

"You don't know how it feels when the person you've fought the hardest for gives you up without a fight, Nash," he said sadly. I haven't seen Jack this upset for a while.

"You're right," I said letting out a breath, "Hangovers hurt less than heartbreak. Let's go."