Sick Situation

The school was back in session, she spent her mornings with Dakota, her lunch with him, she waited for the sixth period to come around, a bit disgusted with the boy she had involved herself with, wishing she had never made a move.

"Nooooo!" Zoey giggled as she ran from Emily in the dance classroom, Emily would corner her and tickle her, or try to pick her up, and she loved it randomly dancing to any music the teacher turned on.

Sometimes, during class, they'd hold hands, they'd argue but laugh in the end, most everyone in the classroom though they were already a couple. But they weren't, sadly. Rumors began to surface at school, for high school it was that Zoey was cheating on Dakota with a middle school girl, for middle school, it was that Emily was cheating on her boyfriend Marc with Zoey, and none of it seemed true. But with every passing day, being what she thought was loyal to Dakota was harder and harder, she didn't love him, she'd never been able to have feelings for someone who wasn't her.

It was a brisk Monday morning, just like every weekend had seemed to be, her and Dakota fought, endlessly, and she'd cry, she'd call Emily. Slowly, she was becoming more broken and it took Emily growing amounts of time to help her feel better. She walked to the front of the technology building, she saw Emily, Zoey hugged her and the two began talking, Emily tried to keep Zoey from the thoughts of Dakota and all the fighting. He walked up, walked past Zoey and to the front door of the building, "Dakota...!" Zoey said interrupting Emily, she pushed past her and ran to Dakota. "It's not really over is it?" "I'm afraid so." He replied back glumly.