Hung Up

"Why is Dallas messaging me?"

Dylan's heart sank as he stammered. 'I have no idea, why is he?'

"He said something about you talking to his friends."

'Well, I don't talk to Dallas' friends, we have a few mutuals but i've known them longer than i've known him.'

Summer paced back and forth, her eye color had become crazed and her mood had switched so quickly. By the time he hang up with his mother she slammed him into the wall and kissed him roughly, she bit him hard repeatedly and growled low. "You're mine." She spent the rest of their time being possessive and clinging onto him.

Dylan had received a terrible emotional low just before he had to leave to walk to the bus stop. She held him close and reassured him, something that nobody ever cared to do for him. He would often sit in a puddle of his pain waiting for it to evaporate. She had grabbed a figurative towel to sop up the figurative spill of depression. He took photos of her at the bus stop and they kissed before he left.

School bored him so much. Today, Thursday, Dylan had to take a state science exam for the first hour or so of his morning. Unbeknownst to him, his computer wasn't updated with the latest software to take the test. He grumbled and alerted a staff member, who quickly loaned him a chromebook. This school had given him so much shit over the years for bringing any laptop on campus that wasn't apple and here they are loaning everyone who's laptop didn't suffice a chromebook. And it was such an odd device. It's keyboard functions were so limited it didn't even have a caps lock button!